One more way that I know I'm getting older....

AllenOK

I have really gone off the deep end with tying flies. The past couple months, I've been heavily researching fly patterns on the internet. Spending a lot of time staring at text and photos on the computer monitor.

Well, a couple weeks ago, I started getting a very persistent headache. Everyday; I just couldn't shake it. Then I noticed that is didn't really feel quite like a headache, but more like a pulled muscle, running from my left eye backwards into my head, and would twinge a bit when I rolled my eyes to the right, instead of turning my head.

Last night, I was complaining to PeppA about how I just couldn't shake this thing. She mentioned "eyestrain".

Well, this morning, it clicked. She's probably right. I've been going through the websites I visit, and hitting the <control><+> buttons to increase the magnification. I'll probably have to raise the computer monitor up a bit as well, so I'm looking more "straight ahead" instead of "slightly down".

I'll probably be investing in some reading glasses as well. Not the first time I've needed them. I used to use them when I did beadwork.

Leni

You probably need a set of computer glasses. I have that plus a pair of reading glasses.

What kind of beading did you do? I do American Indian as well as jewelry.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well as someone that worked for years on a computer and now spend time on it here is a tip. Get up about every 15 minutes and stretch then walk away from it for a few minutes. Just walking and relaxing a bit will relieve the eye and neck muscle strain which surprisingly also comes from it. Reading glasses that work at the range you sit from a computer will also be good even if you normally see fine other wise.