Random Picture Thread - Part Deux

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Why thank ya! I always forget about this thread.

Hell, I'll add a couple more, since the Olympics are on, here some of my London Shots. . .I LOVE London in the Nighttime, one of the most beautiful cities when the sun goes down:

5030447324_7aef8a53c0_b.jpg

5030449984_d7de8b9610_b.jpg

5029828467_975f9fd87c_b.jpg

5029840455_3213258e03_b.jpg

5029844803_deef408ee3_b.jpg

5029847267_2007fb4616_b.jpg

5029838779_d013db982f_b.jpg

5029836397_bce303e243_b.jpg

5030449984_d7de8b9610_b.jpg

This must be a hotel.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Thank YOU!

I can't wait to get my travel legs back under me, I love photography, and have been feeling so stagnant. After so much invested into equipment, and I am always reading about ways to improve, it's time to put it all to use again. I do plenty of stuff for the digital media dept of our company, but it's just not the same.

If anyone is ever interested in seeing my stuff, just click the flickr link in my signature. There is a lot to go through, but it is a wide variety of stuff, from paid gigs(concerts/club promotions0, to interior design, travel, work, landmarks, macro, Film that I finally have been getting scanned into digital format, family/extended family, my automotive hobby(I Love cars, and my MINI). .. all sorts of junk.

Here are a couple more, while I'm in here. These are from "Project One Mile, where I stay within a mile of the house, and find stuff to shoot.. . these are from a storm culvert. When cropped in, and getting rid of the urban surroundings, it could be any mountain stream.

4110014981_007ae8d57a_b.jpg

4465738418_3f0bb4fd13_b.jpg

4104018840_82c73d94db_b.jpg

3601176136_e9b74f5a89_b.jpg

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
UR, your work is beautiful.

Here's Mister Toad taken with my little P&S using the zoom....can't get too close to any kind of reptilian creature for fear that they will jump at me :eek::

MisterToad.jpg

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
The toads had been out on full force here, and I missed 'em all. ..I LOVE 'em, and frogs, especially tree frogs.

Lemme see if I have anything recent to through into the mix. . .

A little abstraction, from an everyday item:

8000532114_1aa3d0db95_b.jpg

Some pencil shavings off the color pencil I was using to do a piece:

7998777936_b4e5b0c9f9_b.jpg

7998772940_d3e529ef57_b.jpg

Oh, and dinner from last week. . .did a boiled dinner, with sausage, cabbage, carrot, onion, potato. . .my GOOD bread had bit the dust, so please excuse the ugly toast soldiers.

8002105150_a909692074_b.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, that little toad photo is wonderful!

Uncle Ralph, great shots as always! I was just looking at the Scarborough photo again. Astounding! Looks like a painting!~

Lee

Ian M.

Uncle Ralph - I'm in total awe of your artistry with a camera. In most cases, an especially gifted photographer such as yourself is either extremely talented in color photography or in black and white - a medium where one either "has it" or doesn't. Color photography enables an artist to disguise a multitide of sins. Rarely do you find a photographer who does exquisite work in both color and black and white and you are such an artist! To put it bluntly, damn but you're good! I was particularly interested in your work done in Amsterdam, as my paternal grandfather was born and grew up in the Netherlands and it's an area my family loves. Did you ever do any shooting in or around either the Limburg or North Brabant Provinces of the Netherlands in cities such as Maastricht or Arnhem, in Gelderland Province? If you have, I'd love to see them. My Grandfather is buried in a small cemetery in Maastricht near the Meuse River there. It's a magnificent, centuries old city with a great deal of Roman influence in architecture, especially. I think you'd like it.

Ian M. :clap:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't have a clue what that first pic is, UR. If you really look at it, you can see some interesting images. #2 I would have guessed the peel from an apple, like when you peel it in one continuous piece. #4 I just want to eat that :readytoeat:.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Uncle Ralph - I'm in total awe of your artistry with a camera. In most cases, an especially gifted photographer such as yourself is either extremely talented in color photography or in black and white - a medium where one either "has it" or doesn't. Color photography enables an artist to disguise a multitide of sins. Rarely do you find a photographer who does exquisite work in both color and black and white and you are such an artist! To put it bluntly, damn but you're good! I was particularly interested in your work done in Amsterdam, as my paternal grandfather was born and grew up in the Netherlands and it's an area my family loves. Did you ever do any shooting in or around either the Limburg or North Brabant Provinces of the Netherlands in cities such as Maastricht or Arnhem, in Gelderland Province? If you have, I'd love to see them. My Grandfather is buried in a small cemetery in Maastricht near the Meuse River there. It's a magnificent, centuries old city with a great deal of Roman influence in architecture, especially. I think you'd like it.

Ian M. :clap:

Wow, what High Praise, Ian. I don't think I have ever had anyone quite respond like that, I am humbled.

All of my Holland shots were from my time liveing there, well over a decade ago(before the euro). I Didn't get to too many places outside of Amsterdam and it's "provinces", I went BY Maastricht, on the way to Liege, and Luxembourg. I can't say enough about how beautiful the scenery is, the people are some of the most hospitible and open minded I have ever met, and it is a place I would GLADLY move back to, given the chance.

Now that things are on the Euro, it's seems off to me. . . I was paying 469guilder a month rent, that's like 230 US(at the time), , , now, I have looked at some of the places I would like to stay when I do go back to visit, and they simply swapped the Guilder symbol for the Euro symbol, and boom, prices have gone SKY HIGH.

My first night, I got settled, went down to the pub I was living above, ordered a Whiskey, and Coke. What I got was 4 ice cubes, a highball full of Jack Daniels, and a 8oz can of coke on the side for 2 guilder 50. . . . . . that's like $1.25. . . I was in heaven. . .

I have friends that are still in Haarlem, they still love i, but say the "culture" has changed a bit. I do plan on getting back though, when I do, I will do some traveling south on my own and look into the towns you have mentioned, you can count on that.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yinz know where these food items may be from~ i can't think of a city anywhere where they would have these foods!:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1215635.jpg
    IMG_1215635.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1216636.jpg
    IMG_1216636.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1214637.jpg
    IMG_1214637.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 219

Ian M.

Luvs - I've no idea where those items are to be found but it's kind of neat, isn't it?

Uncle Ralph - I love the shot of The Eye taken across the river - it's really beautiful. With your permission, I'd really like to copy it from my computer and put it in a frame. Have you ever been up in The Eye? It's one heck of a ride! Spectacular view, particularly at night. Like you, I especially love London after dark. But the only way to get across Piccadilly Circus with all the traffic is to have been born there! It's as much as your life is worth to try to dodge across on foot.....................:dizzy:

Ian

Ian M.

R1-08468-0004.jpg

Boston Skyline at dusk.jpg

Canada Geese at Parade Rest.jpg

6.jpg

These are just a handful of things I shot with my Dad's camera some time ago - the skyline is Boston at dusk and the Canadians are on a little pond not too far from Dad's house. The peony was in his back yard and I just thought it was pretty. Sure wish I could do better photography but my best things are usually done with my cell phone! The first photo is taken in a small area up north where little private planes are allowed to land on the private streets in the compound and I thought the sign was hilarious!

Ian

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the menu items i'd posted- they're found here, in pittsburgh, ian. i was being my sarcastic 'lil self. i finally quit reading the menu. got really hungry reading it.

i luv your post- great pix!

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Luvs - I've no idea where those items are to be found but it's kind of neat, isn't it?

Uncle Ralph - I love the shot of The Eye taken across the river - it's really beautiful. With your permission, I'd really like to copy it from my computer and put it in a frame. Have you ever been up in The Eye? It's one heck of a ride! Spectacular view, particularly at night. Like you, I especially love London after dark. But the only way to get across Piccadilly Circus with all the traffic is to have been born there! It's as much as your life is worth to try to dodge across on foot.....................:dizzy:

Ian

It's a good way to kill time in London, and offers such a spectacular view of village, that started with the castle, and now stretches from horizon to horizon. Great rid, the eye. Problem photography wise, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT, is that it is constantly moving. During the day it isn't an issue. At night, all you end up with is blurry, crazy looking pics, lol.

I am happy to get you the file if you like, I don't mind. I appreciate your asking! I am flattered that you would be interested in having a pic of mine framed, and hung. I have several shots of mine that I have in the house. I have been wanting to get my act together, get a BUNCH of photos matted, wrapped and priced so that maybe I could sell prints at some of the MANY "festivals", parades and such that my little "city" has. I have seen what kind of stuff gets sold(photo wise), and some of it, and not to sound conceded or rude, is just NOT that good. . . and they are getting $$$. . .might be time to explore doing the same myself, and see if I could make some weekend cash, lol.

Ian, cool old film shots! That Boston skyline shot reminds me of sitting at Logan, waiting to go.

I LOVE shooting film, has just gotten so pricey when you compare it to digital.

Luvs! So what did ya end up eating? Surprised not to see a Devonshire sandwich offered.

Anyone who enjoys ketchup (Heinz) should give a little wave to Pittsburgh, home of Heinz, and Americas fave condiment.

I was going through the external HD tonight, found some old stuff. Macro work(I love shooting macro) so here goes:

8028712128_5486588bb4_b.jpg

8028719693_62056e7da9_b.jpg

8028714012_1be861d9ca_b.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't have a clue what this is, Adillo. Here are some random guesses:

-Looking down into some piece of computer equipment

-At the very top looking down into an atrium that is lined with balconies, with water on your camera lens :mrgreen:

-some type of conveyor belt

Ironman

🍺
Well that is interesting. How long did it take you?

LOL, it wasn't me Leni. Buzz's thread about "to much time on your hands" reminded me of that pic from another forum.

Pringles would not last that long around me. I'd eat half the can before I finished. :readytoeat:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
took this @ the bar earlier. bartender says ppl oft take pix of that. (the rules).

Attachments

• IMG_22671086.jpg
    IMG_22671086.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 248

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL, luvs!

I want those sets of rules for the counter at my hardware store. Id' delete the "making out" rule, and add "No cell phones" and add "(no exact change)" to the "Have you money ready" rule.

SO wish I could get away with posting those!

Lee