Portobello sandwich?

chowhound

I could have sworn there was a recipe here for one.
What would be a "standard sandwich" using portobello mushrooms? I've got two caps I want to use up for lunch. Just some grilled shrooms and cheese? It seems like there should be something else, but I don't know what.

Thanks

homecook

I don't see why you couldn't just use the portobellas as the sandwich with some cheese.
I usually grill a chicken breast and top it with the shroom and cheese on an onion bun. Yummy

chowhound

Hmmm, maybe.... I know I portobello in the title somewhere here.
lol, I didn't even know we had a low carb forum...

FryBoy

Just grill it or saute it and put it on a hamburger bun with all the stuff you normally like on your burger, including cheese.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, Fred, if you click on the search feature at the top and put "Portobello" and then choose either "Show Threads" or "Show Posts", and hit "Go" maybe you'll recognize it.

chowhound

Well, Fred, if you click on the search feature at the top and put "Portobello" and then choose either "Show Threads" or "Show Posts", and hit "Go" maybe you'll recognize it.

Well yeah.... I guess I could, but since I was searching for a sammie, I thought the best thing to do was search the sammie forum :wink:

Thanks Doug. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it could stand on its own. It's good to know it can.