6 1/4" thick chicken patties
AP flour
olive oil
1 onion, sliced
10 oz crimini mushroom, sliced
1 cup marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
Salt & pepper

Dust the chicken in flour, heat about 3 table spoons olive oil in a saute pan over med-high heat. Once the oil is hot, ad the chicken 3 pieces at a time. Turn just when you get a golden color, we will finish cooking later. Remove the chicken and set aside on some paper towels.

In the same pan, add the onion and sate until slightly transparent. At this pont add the mushroom. If the pan gets too dry add some more oil. Season woith salt and pepper. One the onions are cooked through and the mushroom slightly carmelized, deglaze with the marsala and the stock. Bring to a simmer, add the chicken, cover and simmer for another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove the chicken once more and reduce the sauce. If the sauce gets too thick add more stock. It will thicken from the flour used to dust the chicken.

New Potato Gratin

Use about 4-5 potatoes per serving

olive oil
2 table spoons unsalted butter
1/2 onion, sliced
new potatoes skin on, sliced on a mandolin
about 1 1/2 cups grated asiago
about 1/2 cup heavy cream
salt & peper

Preheat oven to 425.

Prepare the potatoes and par boil in simmering water until just undercooked, about 3-5 minutes. Strain and set aside.

Carmelize the onion using equal parts butter and olive oil. Once carmelized, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Prepare the tart dishes buy greasing the inside with butter.

Add one table spoon of cream, then a thin larer of potato, salt, pepper, onion, cheese. Do this twice for each portion. Cook uncovered in a 425 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes.

Pan Roasted Asparagus

Saute the asparagus in a fry pan using: oilive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flake, minced garlic and 1/2 cup dry white wine. Saute over high heat for about 3 minutes.

High Cheese

Saucier
Thanks. The potatoes are sooo easy. I've used parmesan and gruyere before. It's alot easier making the single portions rather than a big caserole, espescially trying to time everything. Plus, I think it's cool serving them like that. I bought those tart dishes from BB&B for like $2 each.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice Jeeks! I gonna make the chicken and see how well it freezes for my DD's wedding. I wonder if I should freeze the sauce seperate from the chicken and then thaw and heat them together the day of?

High Cheese

Saucier
Nice Jeeks! I gonna make the chicken and see how well it freezes for my DD's wedding. I wonder if I should freeze the sauce seperate from the chicken and then thaw and heat them together the day of?

I guess that would work. Just cook the chicken all the way through though. Heat the sauce and gently thaw out the chicken. Use the heat of the sauce to warm the chicken back up.

chowhound

Looks very good, Jeeks. I love the single portion potato idea, too.
This is going on my to-do list. Thanks for the recipes and the pics!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
By the way Jay, I made this the other night. It was wonderful! We dug in too fast for pics, but it was great! Thanks for the recipe!!!