What's cooking 4/2/2017 through 4/8/2017?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Thursday night's dinner was Norman Van Aken's sushi kushi. Tuna marinated in, among other things, sriracha. The shrimp is marinated in a mixture of lime juice, habanero and garlic. The sauce for the shrimp is sesame oil, sriracha, tamari (soy) and a few other things. Avocado and red onion salad on the side, as well as homemade pickled ginger.

D4YI7JmU5-M7A2ySLX6dxfn-Z6i0RJOD6i1bSoCKrkYpX92IB

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Impressive, folks!

Medtran, I can handle about 2 drops of sriracha in a bowl of soup. You and Dogboa must be real chili-heads!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made homemade Greek yogurt and strawberry rhubarb compote.

yogurt_P1100035.jpg

The yogurt was so good topped with the compote.

strawberry_rhubarb_compote_P1100048.jpg

We ordered delivery. Hub and I split an Antipasto and a pepperoni roll.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Impressive, folks!

Medtran, I can handle about 2 drops of sriracha in a bowl of soup. You and Dogboa must be real chili-heads!

Lee

Dogboa really is and my tolerance has increased simply because of exposure.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Our gumbo was good, but I'll probably never make it again.

Dinz today-- tuna salad sandwich- -/lettuce/croissant.
Utz's tatie chips.
Iced tea a plenty.

Embryodad

I have a Big Bag of Bell Peppers. I guess, Fried peppers & eggs / cheese etc.
No meat Friday for us. Usually it's Pizza, but we are sick of pizza.
I shouldn't say Sick of, and Tired Of Pizza would be more appropriate at this time.

I made personal pizza's yesterday with those Whole wheat Pita Pocket breads.
I just sauce and cheese them up, with spices and a spritz of olive oil, and bake them in the toaster oven. I have to laugh, as Tina say's, "Hon, it's personal Pizza, not
3 of them!" ..... ( I use the area method of measure ); where as One personal pizza=
1 slice of a 16" round pie!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Another successful evening at Toscana...

Appetizers were ;

The standard for the Warden - Calamari ...

A Carpaccio (Italian Sushi) for me - Crab, Octopus and Conch over Salad Greens drizzled w/ a Champagne Vinaigrette ...

Entree's were;
The Warden ordered my favorite off this menu -
Cacciucco - shrimp, clams, mussels, scallops and Salmon slow cooked in a brothy saffron tomato sauce...

..... so I settled for Risotto de Mare -
Shrimp, Scallops, Calamari, Clams, Mussels, over a bed of Arborio rice and tomato broth.

I've gotta get out of this Toscana infatuation... too many good eats nearby..........

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
SATURDAY night's dinner was smothered chicken in a bacon, wine, cream, asiago cheese sauce. Have to say it didn't live up to the promise of its name. It was a bit acidy/winey tasting. If I make it again, I'll cut down on the wine and up the the cream and probably cheese amounts. Or maybe sub out sherry for the wine. Our side was roasted brussel sprouts with a mushroom, bacon, sherry cream sauce, which we had made before and liked. Thank goodness I didn't make the brussels like Dogboa usually makes them in a balsamic vinegar based sauce. That really would have upped the acid factor. It was still a pretty decent dinner though.

6OyGjdp1toPMaig8zqOFL_RZ7oBlvwfTA4Bzhb7zdycpX92IB