Pizza on the Weber

Dogboa

I have a Weber 22 and I purchased an after market pizza kit from Kettlepizza. This kit allows me to get decent quality "wood burning oven" pizza without spending thousands. All our homemade pizza is free form.

When we have a crawfish boil, we make sure to pick some tails for later use. In one of our cookbooks is a pizza that uses crawfish tails, andouille and blackening seasoning. The cheeses used are fresh grated PR, Mozzarella and Fontina. I really love this one.

picture.php

My wife, Medtran, likes Marghrita pizza, with fresh tomato, fresh basil and fresh Mozzarella thinly sliced. The "sauce" is garlic infused, olive oil.

picture.php

The humble Pepperoni. Pepperoni pizza is my "measuring stick" for take out pizza. I figure that if they don't make a good one, I don't want to try any other pie from them.

picture.php

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
We do pizza on the Weber as well. I just pit the dough right on the grill. I leave it a few minutes and take it off. I flip it over on the pizza peel and the topings go right on the uncooked side. Back on the grill till the cheese melts and done. Love it

Dogboa

We do pizza on the Weber as well. I just pit the dough right on the grill. I leave it a few minutes and take it off. I flip it over on the pizza peel and the topings go right on the uncooked side. Back on the grill till the cheese melts and done. Love it

We do the same, but lightly pre-cook both sides. We make more pizza crusts than what we need for dinner, put them in 2 gallon freezer bags. They get put in the freezer, either on end or laid flat. Can't tell the difference between the fresh made crusts and the frozen ones.

The kettlepizza kit allows you to turn the Weber into a pizza style oven where you can burn wood chunks to get that "wood burning oven" taste. You can get the temperature up to around 700F. Only my BGE can get higher temps, but you can't get the same taste, IMO.

https://www.kettlepizza.com/product/kettlepizza-oven-pro-plus/

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump.

Craig, do you make your own pizza dough? If so, what's your recipe?

I would like to try your thin crust.

Lee