Huli Huli Chicken

GrillinFool

My boy Arthur is bringing his mad skills again, and broadening our horizons as well. This time it's Huli Huli chicken. If anyone has been to Hawaii you know about the Huli Huli. If you want to recreate it or try it for the first time, click here for the step by step, picture by picture instructions.

And now for the pictures:

10-hhc-on-grill.jpg

12-hhc-done.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
:eek: that's so delicious looking, it's painful LOL!!!!

I love the marinade ingredients!

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made Grilled Huli Huli Chicken Thighs this week, mainly because the reviews were all spectacular.

I marinated mine for 2 days and grilled them direct over medium heat on a gas grill, no smoke chips - took about 12 minutes.

Very similar marinade to the Grillin' Fools'.

Really good!

Serve with mac salad and grilled Romaine salad.

Lee

Grilled Huli Huli Chicken

Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is a five star recipe! The marinade is quick and easy and full of such amazing flavor! You will make this again and again!

Ingredients
· 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, chicken breasts also work
· 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
· ½ cup soy sauce
· ½ cup brown sugar
· ⅓ cup ketchup
· ¼ cup chicken broth
· 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
· 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
· green onions, sliced for garnish

Instructions
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, ginger and garlic. Reserve 1 cup sauce for basting. Add the chicken thighs and sauce to a ziplock bag and marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.

2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions if desired

Attachments

• Huli Huli chicken 1.JPG
    Huli Huli chicken 1.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 50
  • Huli Huli Chicken 2.JPG
    Huli Huli Chicken 2.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 52

Johnny West

I can do that but would have to eliminate the brown sugar. I've got substitutes for the soy sauce and home made sugar free catchup.