Homemade Pasta

High Cheese

Saucier
Pasta.jpg

The dough is: 3/4 cup all purpose flour, 1 egg, pinch of salt and about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Combine, then wrap in plastic wrap and let sit for about 30 minutes.

Pasta002.jpg

Pasta003.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Here's the first dish. Farfalle with mushroom and sage.

Pasta004.jpg

I took a flight out of Napa Valley and picked this up. 92 Rating.

Vino.jpg

Plated.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Roasted chicken, spinach and havarti cheese ravioli's. I think a tomato cream sauce with a coupla sun dried tomatoes will finish it. I need one of those pasta wheel thingys.

Ravioli001.jpg

Ravioli003.jpg

Ravioli004.jpg

Here's the ravioli topped with parmesan shavings and some sun dried tomatoes.

Bon Appetite.

Ravioliplated002.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Cavatelli !!! The dough is 2 cups flour, 8 oz ricotta and 2 eggs. Roll out a 1/4 rope then cut into 3/4" sections. Dust your hands and roll your thumb like the photo. Push hard and you'll get the shape.

Cavatelli001.jpg

Cavatelli002.jpg

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Man Jeez that looks great. Reminds me of my grandmother ravioli. She used to make them with a meat and cheese stuffing rapped in spinach but her raviolis where 6" square. 2 was a meal. :thumb:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes her meat filling was 2 parts beef to 1 part pork pretty much like her meat balls which she made as big as a baseball. She would alway make one meat ball with a whole hard boiled egg in the middle and who ever got it did the dishes. It was kind of like a Scottish egg. She sure was a great cook.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Nice pasta, Jeeks! I've made the raviolis a few times, but more often I make basil noodles for stews and soups. I need to expand my horizons without expanding my waist line.

P1010339.jpg

P1010184.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Yes her meat filling was 2 parts beef to 1 part pork pretty much like her meat balls which she made as big as a baseball. She would alway make one meat ball with a whole hard boiled egg in the middle and who ever got it did the dishes. It was kind of like a Scottish egg. She sure was a great cook.

Ha! The egg idea is so cool! :thumb:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
It all looks good! Man I need to expand into this as well, I can't believe the prices on pasta these days, even the cheap stuff has gone way up!
So you guys are doing all this without any pasta machine or KA attachments, is that correct?

High Cheese

Saucier
No KA here.

I mix the dough in a bowl or just straight on the board. My pasta machine is the red contraption in the first pic. You can find them for like $35.

Once you get to know the ingredients/method it's pretty simple:

Make the dough and let rest
Make the sauce, then simmer
Start the water
While the sauce is simmering and the water is boiling, the dough rested enough to start making pasta.
When the pasta is made, it only takes 1-2 minutes to cook.
Throw everything together and your done.

Homemade pasta and sauce.