2 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 to 1/2 cup cooking oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
nonstick spray or non-stick griddle

Using a blender or a mixer, combine all of the ingredients until smooth. Set aside for at least an hour before baking, or better yet, overnight in the refrigerator.

When ready to cook, preheat a non-stick griddle or skillet over a medium-low heat. Check to see if the pan is hot enough by putting a drop of water onto the skillet. If it dances across the surface, the pan is ready, if it puffs into steam, the griddle is too hot.

Ladle the batter onto the hot pan. When the edges just appear to dry out and the top is full of bubbles, they are ready to turn. Note the time and flip the pancakes. They should be a light golden brown.

Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time, until golden brown.

To freeze, lay flat in a single layer on a cookie sheet in the freezer until frozen hard, then bag and seal.

To eat: Just pop the frozen pancakes in the toaster or cover and reheat in the microwave.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Great idea Mama. I use a waffle batter recipe (Whipped egg whites folded into the batter to make them fluffy. I make a stack, put freezer paper between them and bag the whole bunch and use them one at a time.