At the Super Bowl

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I got my hands on a ticket for the Super Bowl. The seat was waaaay up there in the nose-bleed section.
During the first half, i noticed one lone, empty seat, right on the 50 yd. line and only three rows from the field, on the aisle. I kept my eye on it, figuring if it sayed empty till half-time, i was gonna try to sneak down there and enjoy the second half from there...............

Well, it stayed empty, and so down i went, managing to get past the gate-keepers.
There was a man sitting in the second seat, who gave me a questioning look as I sat down, so I felt obligated to ask, "Is this seat taken?"
"No, it's not", he replied; "I hold the ticket to that seat, and I'd be happy to have you use it."
So, having settled in, I queried, "how is it that you are here at the Super Bowl alone, with two seats?"
He told me the following;
"My dear wife and I have attended every Super Bowl since the beginning... We followed the Packers closely over the years, and that got us started attending every year's Super Bowl. This year was to be no different. Sad to say, after many years of happiness, and enjoying watching three sons grow up together, my wife passed away. That's why that seat is empty !"

I offered my condolences, then asked him if one of his sons would have enjoyed using Mom's ticket.............
"No," he replied, "They are all at the funeral."