My lean mean BBQ machine

Cuisinette

Last spring I saw an add in the local craigslist, someone was selling their BBQ and I needed one. There was no picture but the guy said the machine looks great and we need a truck to get it... cause it doesn't fit in a little car.
We do have a truck and on our way there we were laughing that we might have to ride the thing back home and hitch the truck to it. :yum:

So here we are at the destination, I stay in the truck while my boyfriend negotiate... I still can't see the thing from the car (it was in the garage), the owner whistle loudly and from across the street two neighbours appear, then carried by all four man I finally get a glimpse of the animal. I was amazed when they put the BBQ in, the truck still had all four wheels on the ground :yum:

It is big, very heavy and the best BBQ and smoker I ever used.
Cost $200

I was so proud of my machine, I thought no one could have a better one than mine... and I was wrong :doh:
000_0077.jpg

000_0070.jpg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is indeed a GOOD BUY!!!!!! Congrats on the excellent find Cuisi!!!!!! :tiphat: :clap: :clap:
Any pics of cooking anything on it? What is your favorite item you've cooked on there?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Nice find. My daughter and SIL have one styled the same. It's a wonderful combo until with good grilling and indirect heat smoking capability. You have a winner there.

Cuisinette

Last June my boyfriend's family had the reunion they hold once a year and I was going too. I've been to Dallas but never been to the Gulf of Mexico and I was very excited.

We arrived Tuesday and the reunion was Friday, Saturday and Sunday... I had lots of fun visiting and I was slowly getting adjusted to that type of luxury :) (beach house, sand and lazy time).

Friday early morning I was still asleep when my boyfriend said to me "I am going to get the smoker for the reunion".
When he got back, I wake up, got a cup of coffee and I was going down the stairs to sit in the shade, the humidity was awful.

OMG... I was staring at a monster BBQ, the biggest I have ever seen. I forgot about the coffee and stated talking to myself :shock::evil::angry:

100_1509.jpg

Cuisinette

I told my boyfriend... if your family doesn't find the BBQ and you can't trace me, know that I eloped with it :yum:

So we got back and I was itching to smoke something in my "little" :blush: BBQ... we agreed to do something to last us a while (the winter months).

I had Chorizos Sausages made from scratch that I stuffed in casings by hand, Chickens, Pork Ribs, Pork Roast and Brisket.

100_1787.jpg

100_1833.jpg

100_1838.jpg

100_1842.jpg

100_2426.jpg

100_2430.jpg

Cuisinette

I packed everything and lasted about 6 months.
Still have a pack of ribs and a small piece of brisket.
I am ready for a new load :clap:

Have in mind to make some meat loafs too :)

100_2440.jpg

100_2443.jpg

Muschiuletdeporc.jpg

100_9756.jpg

Aperitivcuafumatura.jpg

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very nice Cuis! That's a beauty of a grill/smoker and the food is picture perfect!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Absolutely SPECTACULAR photos, Cuis!! I am drooling!

You guys clearly know your way around a smoker!

Those chickens are incredible!

Lee

Cuisinette

Thank you Doc, Buzz, Mama, Lee :bbq:

I have fun everytime I am near a BBQ/Smoker.
However the way they like the brisket in Texas is a bit too much for me... smoke wise. Too heavy. I made it as they requested but I would not make it for myself that way.

My brisket was smoked for 8 hours @230F then finished 1 hour in the oven and it was perfect.

I have to run some errands now, I'll be back with pictures of the sausages I make... but I have no pictures step by step.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Fantastic Q :wow:Everything looks good, but those ribs are really calling my name, I want some now!

Cuisinette

Thank you very much.

Here I am showing to you how I make the sausages from scratch.
They could be fried, grilled or smoked.

I like the meat to be very lightly spiced... garlic, thyme, salt, black pepper and a little heat some chili pepper.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice find there Cuisinette.
Let me see, I'll take a little of each.
Very delicious photos of things you've made on the BBQ machine.
#6 post, pic 5 damned near killed me.. yummy! lol

buckytom

Grill Master
god, i'm drooling cuis!!! way to go! :applause:

just one quick thing, if you must use lighter fluid, be careful storing it under the bbq.

kaboom!

have you ever thought of getting a chimney starter?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you very much.

Here I am showing to you how I make the sausages from scratch.
They could be fried, grilled or smoked.

I like the meat to be very lightly spiced... garlic, thyme, salt, black pepper and a little heat some chili pepper.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg
YUMMY!! BTW I also have a black Kitchen Aid. I have the meat grinder but not the sausage maker.

Cuisinette

just one quick thing, if you must use lighter fluid, be careful storing it under the bbq.

kaboom!

have you ever thought of getting a chimney starter?

Thank you BT, I am happy that you like what I did.

Don't worry, the lighter fluid is only stored there when the BBQ is not in use. I don't even accept the gas tank next to the machine, although it has a gas burner on the left.
I am one paranoid chick when comes to safety.
Most of times I start the fire the old fashion way... but my boyfriend likes the fluid.
I BBQ with wood vs. charcoal... I like the taste of wood on my meat.

The chimney starter... it is not bad but I get by without it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Nice rig Cuisinette! Great offset smoker with a built in propane burner and under storage. Sweet! Have you or the previous owners done any of the offset mods to better regulate heat and smoke in the cooking chamber?

And WOW!!! That sausage is AWESOME! I’ve been dying to make my own ever since I got a grinder…..it has a sausage attachment. Where do you get your “skins” at?

Cuisinette

Nice rig Cuisinette! Great offset smoker with a built in propane burner and under storage. Sweet! Have you or the previous owners done any of the offset mods to better regulate heat and smoke in the cooking chamber?

And WOW!!! That sausage is AWESOME! I’ve been dying to make my own ever since I got a grinder…..it has a sausage attachment. Where do you get your “skins” at?

Well, the smoker has only one shelf and I wanted to use most of the smoke if I was to do this for 8 hours :)
So I found few other shelves, one for bellow and one above. Also I made sure I can remove them easily so I can rotate the meat.
Plan ahead what comes out first and what needs more time to stay in.
I also moved the meat around to let the heat and smoke to catch up on the pieces further down.

The sausages were the first to come out, then the chickens. But not before I finish them on direct heat for few minutes.
The brisket is the only one I finished in the oven for 1 hour, it was too big and too thick to finish on the grill.

I left the heat regulator open about 1/4 inch just to get enough air in to allow the wood to burn but not to go out in flames.
It is pretty easy to regulate the heat with wood, we cut in small pieces and added at time intervals and the temp was always between 220-240F. And I had the smoker loaded with three layers of meat.

The "skins" got them from the local butchers... they have small containers of sheep and hog casings packed in salt, somehow expensive $15 each container... but has a lot in it. I finished my hog casings with the chorizos and I need to get another one, the sheep one still almost intact.

Hydrate in water before use and they are ready to get stuffed.

This is the easy way I do it... my grandmother did it and she made the best sausages.

Chop your meat in small bites (1/2 inch cubes)... add the spices you like and mix. Cover and let sit in the fridge over night.
When you are ready to make the sausages, place the knife and disk (I like the one with large holes), then the sausage attachment to the machine and finish with the ring.

In this way you grind the meat directly into the casings.

In the pictures above it shows I made it with already grounded meat but it turned too "mushy" for my taste. You only make mistakes once :laugh:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, my supermarket has hog casings in 16 oz containers that look like cottage cheese containers, in the meat section, near the pork.

Making sausage and stuffing them in casings is a lot of fun!

Fantastic job, Cuis!

Lee