Chicken Cream Cheese

Guts

Chicken breasts going on sale tomorrow, and I'm going to make this. I make this and change the veggie inside to change it up i was going to use [FONT=&quot]Asparagus[/FONT]
in the center ...
I will post pics.

Chicken Cream Cheese
8 oz cream cheese
sliced bacon
chives (fresh) or green onions I sauté first lightly anything you want to put it the center. [FONT=&quot]like Asparagus[/FONT]
chicken breast, skinned
coat lightly with poultry seasoning. after you roll or pound roll flat.

Pound the chicken breast flat. I wrap in plastic wrap to make clean up easy Cut block of cream cheese into 4 equal parts. Place one part in center of breast, add fresh chives. Wrap the breast around the cheese. Wrap bacon around the outside to hold the breast together and use a toothpick if needed to do so
Bake in a shallow dish, uncovered until the bacon begins to brown and is crisp about 25 minutes. Check often to make sure you do not overcook the chicken. If bacon isn't done but chicken is, briefly finish under the broiler.
I sometimes turn the breasts over ½ the way to brown the bacon all sides[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I saw a recipe similar to that a while back. The only difference was that it used the chive flavored cream cheese in the tub. It ought to be REALLY good!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This sounds FANTASTIC!!

I will use the cream cheese and chive spread like Mama mentioned because it is sooooooooooo YUMMY and less fuss.

Can't wait to see your pics Guts!!

Guts

I used Philadelphia® Chive & Onion Cream Cheese this time, but I forgot the Poultry seasoning. Big mistake! this dish is enhanced with the Poultry seasoning. It was still good though, here are the pics.
Kim

Chicken Cream Cheese
8 oz cream cheese
sliced bacon
chives (fresh) or green onions I sauté first lightly anything you want to put it the center. [FONT=&quot]like Asparagus[/FONT]
chicken breast, skinned
coat lightly with poultry seasoning. after you roll or pound roll flat.

Pound the chicken breast flat. I wrap in plastic wrap to make clean up easy Cut block of cream cheese into 4 equal parts / or just put some on like (pic1) Place one part in center of breast, add fresh chives / in this case I used Asparagus. Wrap the breast around the cheese. Wrap bacon around the outside to hold the breast together and use a toothpick if needed (pic 2)
Bake in a shallow dish, uncovered until the bacon begins to brown and is crisp about 25 minutes @ 350°f. Check often to make sure you do not overcook the chicken. If bacon isn't done but chicken is, briefly finish under the broiler. See note:

Note: I sometimes turn the breasts over ½ the way to brown the bacon all sides. All so soak the toothpicks in water for ten minuets before use as you would soak wooden secures(sp) for Kebabs. So they wont burn...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
K

Kimchee

Yeah, some of the flavored creamed cheese spreads are good too, like Alouette Garlic and Herb...
I like to add a mushroom duxelle to the cheese sometimes, and sometimes spinach.
We don't do the bacon on the outside; I usually just herb the chicken well and bake it.
Sometimes we bread it and give it a fry.
Just LOVE stuffed chicken anything!!!

Those look really good, by the way!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
WOW! Guts! Is it my monitor, or are those the greenest brussels sprouts I've ever seen? How do you make them so bright?

Maybe I'll try spray paint on mine next time......

The chicken looks great, I was just momentarily blinded by the sprouts.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
WOW! Guts! Is it my monitor, or are those the greenest brussels sprouts I've ever seen? How do you make them so bright?

Maybe I'll try spray paint on mine next time......

The chicken looks great, I was just momentarily blinded by the sprouts.

LOL!!

PanchoHambre

Nice.. looks tasty and pretty simple, not too many ingredients and the type of stuff that is usually on hand. This the sort of thing that is possible to make after work without delaying dinner til 12... also it has BACON and bacon makes everything good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I can't stop looking in this thread.
Once again, Guts.. this is such a beautiful and easy way to prepare something so delicious.
I AM going to make this soon, and I'll post the pics when I do.
It's always nice to run across that one recipe that really trips your trigger.
This one did it for me.
Thank you much :)

bookmarked, saved!