Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:ohmy:......that turkey and those turnovers look AMAZING!!!!!:readytoeat:

We had a refrigerator smorgasbord tonight

Embryodad

:ohmy:......that turkey and those turnovers look AMAZING!!!!!:readytoeat:

We had a refrigerator smorgasbord tonight
Thanks mama... Tina finished them with drizzle icing after they cooled.
She missed the two that were already in my belly though!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy and Mama! That turkey was good. I'm turkey'd out now.

Lol - my mind is in the gutter :mrgreen: "Intercourse Canning in Intercourse,PA"

K

Kimchee

Did a brisket using a good friend's recipe. Three hours smoking on the grill, then foil wrapped with a braising liquid and finished in a slow oven. Remove the fat from the braising liquid and reduce to a thick sauce. It was pretty darn good!

Attachments

• OvenBrisket3.jpg
    OvenBrisket3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 153

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
done a flat iron steak. salt/pepper, rested 2 hrs, 250'F oven for 2.5 hrs on a rack over a grill pan.

scrumptious only starts the descriptors.... I like mine med rare; DW only does "no red" - so I chunked off a pc, boosted the oven to 375'F - ten minutes including time to temp and she's happy. she happy = me happy.....

had flat iron on my shopping list for quite some time - waiting for a sale. it's like shanks - used to be economical, then got trendy - not cheep anymore!

typically 2-3 days after I buy one it goes on sale.... we'll see. I've found flat iron doesn't suffer from freezing, so I'm prone to buying up a batch on sale.

Lefty

Yank
I am going to make my first soup of the fall season Sunday. The first day of Fall. It will be a Taco Soup.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
With temps pushing 80 here today, I felt like picnic food. I made some tater salad, baked beans and brats. I used my homemade buns & kraut as well, and topped the brat with bacon from the baked beans.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Got a nice big sirloin out and decided to make swiss steak in the slow cooker. Cubed it and went to the garden and got a green pepper and a small hot one as well as 7 over ripe tomatoes. Added a few carrots and some onion.Was great after simmering this afternoon. Melt in your mouth tender.

Attachments

• swiss steak 002.jpg
    swiss steak 002.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 129

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
salad tonite~

Attachments

• salad2.jpg
    salad2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 124
  • salad920.jpg
    salad920.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 113

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Took the Amish boys back home and picked up my loaf of warm bread and a pecan pie. Came home and made a sweet Lebanon bologna and swiss folded sandwich with one slice of it. Will have french toast tomorrow!

Embryodad

Supper tonight, is what I call .....

Pick n Poke Pizza Variety...and A meat ball in between.:readytoeat:

Tina just picked up some different pizza, and we just nibbled on cuts with the pizza cutter.... The Broccoli was good, but I said to Tina.."Where's the Broccoli?" :whistling:

qq7u.jpg

pcob.jpg