Brined Pork Chops

Ross in Ventura

I have spent my entire weekend Brining Chicken and Pork I really enjoyed the experienced And found some amassing flavors thanks Rich Tirpak at The Mad Hunky Store
file-131.jpg

file-133.jpg

This morning I mixed 112g brine and 4-C of water in a ziplock bag with 4 thick defrosted boneless pork chops for6-hrs. into the fridge
file-137.jpg

file-138.jpg

file-139.jpg

On the grill@400* to sear both sides 3-min.
file-141.jpg

Put the platsetter on top of grate and a raised grid on top so I could roast them indirect @300* until I got a internal temp. of 135* then foiled for 10-min.
file-144.jpg

file-145.jpg

This pork chop was the most moist and delicious pork chop that I ever cook or ate. Served asparagus and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Many thanks to Rich for his wonderful brine's and Rubs

Brine: http://www.madhunkymeats.com/opencart/upload/index.php

Thanks for looking

Ross

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have not yet tried brining pork chops yet, although, I have brined a lot of stuff.

These look great, and I will put them on my try out list.

What did you use for a liquid? I brined a turkey in apple cider, and some other spices, the apple added a nice taste.

Ross in Ventura

I have brined Turkey in apple cider too, but next time it well be from Mad Hunky.
I comes in a 1-lb package and you add water

Ross

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I sure don't have anything against brining - but just recently:

got two 1" thick bone in chops from the butcher shop - a real butcher shop, not a supermarket . . .

salt/pepper - allowed to sit in the fridge about 2 hours.

browned 3-4 minutes/side
finished 10 minutes in a 225'F convection mode oven on a rack.

doesn't seem to get a whole lot better - in terms of moist / tender / etc.....

is the higher heat of grilling more apt to ""require"" the brining?