food 526.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 327
  • food 533.jpg
    food 533.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 340

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Dee! This looks good. Next time b/s chicken is on sale!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great Dee. :clap: :clap: :clap:
You are making me hungry, I'm glad it's about lunch time. :D

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I absolutely love Sesame Chicken! Your's looks fantastic! I'll definitely be trying this recipe. Thank you! :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Whoo Hooooooooo!! B/S chicken breast is on sale!!

I am writing up my shopping list right now!!

Guts

I do something like this with pork kind of a sweet-and-sour sauce on fried pork. next time I get the deep fryer out. I'll give your chicken recipe a try. It looks awesome going to copy and paste it to my files. Thanks.

Deelady

Glad you guys like, hope you try it out....but a side note do NOT put the sauce on until you are ready to eat it so it doesn't lose the crispyness too fast!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I added apricot preserves to the sauce and left out the sherry. My family loved it!! Thank you Dee!
Sesame chicken, jasmine rice and steamed broccoli.

011311_sesame_chicken.jpg

011311_sesame_chicken_broccoli_rice.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ooooh ohhh pretty pretty!! Beautiful pic!! Glad you liked it! and the apricot sounds good!
Thank you Dee. I also left out the red pepper flakes & the 5 spice powder and added hot chili sesame oil.

Deelady

actually I altered mine a bit as well....I left out the 5 spice (didnt have any) and I used garlic poder instead of fresh and.....I cant remember what else :) I did add the sesame oil though...I love it!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
actually I altered mine a bit as well....I left out the 5 spice (didnt have any) and I used garlic poder instead of fresh and.....I cant remember what else :) I did add the sesame oil though...I love it!
Such a little bit of sesame oil adds SO much flavor and aroma. Do you have hot chili sesame oil?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Dee, your sesame chicken was a BIG hit here! Jerry and I both loved it, and so did the "boys" (doggies - don't be insulted, we share a bit of our dinner with them every night, and they are good eaters. They eat salads, fruits, vegetables, whatever is on their plates. But they really gobbled this up.) I added quite alot of red pepper flakes, and even had some five-spice powder, which added a nice flavor. I heated some of the marinade with the sauce - boiled it really well - and I also added a bit more brown sugar to our own tastes. I also used garlic powder...too lazy to peel and mince garlic! We agreed that it should be added to the regular rotation here. Thanks for the great recipe!

Attachments

• DSCF0994.jpg
    DSCF0994.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCF0999.jpg
    DSCF0999.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 302

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks fantastic Karen!!

Ok who's next? LOL :yum: