Country Fried Turkey Tenderloin

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You’ve probably made this with chicken, beef, and even pork. But have you ever thought about doing it with Turkey? It's incredibly flavorful, tender, and juicy.

We picked up a pack of Turkey Tenderloins. There were 2 in the pack, and they are huge. I cut one in half for dinner, and froze the other for later use.

Country Fried Turkey Tenderloin

Ingredients

1 Turkey Tenderloin
Egg & Buttermilk for egg wash
Seasoning of choice
Flour for dredging
Oil For frying
Favorite gravy

Procedure

Pretty straightforward here. Make an egg wash from an egg and some buttermilk (about 3/4 cup). Dip the Turkey Tenderloin in the egg wash and then in seasoned flour.

Fry in 375 degree oil until golden brown, turning 2-3 times; about 6-8 minutes. Once brown, place the turkey on a broiler pan or trivet and baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until internal temp is 165. When plated, spoon gravy over the finished Turkey Tenderloin.

Step_1-80.jpg

Step_2-79.jpg

Step_3-72.jpg

Step_4-68.jpg

Step_5-60.jpg

Step_6-52.jpg

Step_7-40.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks everyone. I was really pleased with the crust. It’s the first time I fried a bit and finished in the oven. I got that tip from many wonderful members here at NCT…..and I have to say – it rocks! This crust rivaled KFC. I was really pleased.

The Turkey was very tender and juicy. In fact, it didn’t really taste like turkey. Not really like chicken either. It was simply flavorful and good.

If you haven’t tried this with turkey, give it a shot. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.