What's Cooking NCT Sun. 12/30/2012 to Sat. 1/5/2013

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Joe.....the potatoes have me thinking about whipping up a batch for to have for breakfast tomorrow.
I made enough taters and rice for tomorrow's dinner. I'll just grill chicken boobies instead of pork.:mrgreen:

Embryodad

I made enough taters and rice for tomorrow's dinner. I'll just grill chicken boobies instead of pork.:mrgreen:
I will make the potatoes...feed the wife before she leaves for Pennsy tomorrow to visit her aunt.

Then...I can sit, and have MY breakfast and eat MY potatoes nice and quiet, and peaceful without jibber jabber! LOL...

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
25ppbw5.jpg
[/IMG]

Cola basted chicken wings w/ black eyed peas (for luck!) :heart:

Embryodad

We just grazed on the last of the ham, and I heated some of those Pretzel Dogs.
They were good. We just dipped them in mustard.

Had Klondike Waffle Wrap Ice Cream bars for dessert.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds so good luvs! Recipe??? :tiphat:

thanx! there's not much of an actual recipe.
'tis a pork roast (i sear my pork roasts in an iron skillet after coating the meat w/ canola oil/another neutral oil before baking.). i'll place the roast amongst cubed redd potato, & a bag 'er 2 of kraut w/ a hefty dose of coarse black pepper generously sprinkled on. (i use a blue-speckled porcelain roaster.) i'll change the oven temp from 475-350 while cooking.
then i'll temp. the meat, let the meat rest 15/20 minutes after cooking, plate the food, & dinner's on the table.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i know i put a new box of cereal somewhere in that pantry. so cereal & milk, & clementines if i manage to get a box. a honeycrisp apple if not. the honeycrisp apples have stayed patiently in my fridge fer awhile, now.

dinner is macaroni w/ veggies or lo mein from the other evening. maybe w/ meat. gotta begin thawing these proteins in the freezer soon~

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was Buffalo chicken wings cooked in the oven, Cajun black eyed peas, and fresh turnip greens. I usually do chicken fried pork chops instead of the wings, but such is life. Dinner tonight will probably a re-run of last night's.

I've got a ton of black eyed peas and am thinking of turning them into some sort of black eyed pea soup. We'll see.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Macaroni Cheese doe us tonight. I have used some smoked cheese and herbs in the sauce. I've also put in some meatballs as my son & DW like other things in it.

Leni

My German Dad would sear country ribs and then simmer with kraut until tender. The juice went into the pot also. He would boil potatoes seperately. It was served with mustard and a salad. I'm going to have to make this fairly soon.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my nurse was here earlier. she put me on another diet of gerber cereal & baby food, soups, smushed potato- foods similar to that- fer awhile. she found a grocery bag of soups i'd misplaced, so that's great. luv soup!

PanchoHambre

:ohmy:......sorry Pancho....

We had meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, collards, corn on the cob and cornbread muffins.

can I come over? Poor guy is just lost in the kitchen - he is trying to be nice but I really need to figure out what is wrong with the grill:)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my housemate is baking steaks in the oven :( i dont have the heart to stop him

i've often seared steak on the range, then put 'em in the oven until they were a gorgeous med.-rare to rare. lovely cuts of beef, too- jus' gotta know how to cook properly. if the roomie isn't much of a cook, oh, man.

Embryodad

can I come over? Poor guy is just lost in the kitchen - he is trying to be nice but I really need to figure out what is wrong with the grill:)
What is wrong with the Grill P H ?

If it's fartin and poppin and burning at the gas nozzle....you got a spider cocoon that a spider called "The Gas Spider" Built. They love the sweet odor of the added odorant they put in the gas.

PanchoHambre

E.D. i dont know the grill just wont light - just have not hat time to go out and mess with it

i've often seared steak on the range, then put 'em in the oven until they were a gorgeous med.-rare to rare. lovely cuts of beef, too- jus' gotta know how to cook properly. if the roomie isn't much of a cook, oh, man.

no he is clueless when it comes to cooking and would generally live on takeot but I dont like to mess and act all obnoxious telling someone what to do when they dont ask - he had a method he likes - it was edible;)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

It would be quite a drive but if you're up to it, you're welcome :wink:

Glad to hear it was at least edible. Maybe you could teach him that reverse sear that Buzz showed us?

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I made french dip sandwiches w/oven roasted cauliflower/brussel sprouts & onion. I must say, the veg's were my favorite! :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
E.D. i dont know the grill just wont light - just have not hat time to go out and mess with it

no he is clueless when it comes to cooking and would generally live on takeot but I dont like to mess and act all obnoxious telling someone what to do when they dont ask - he had a method he likes - it was edible;)

i know how that is. jus' gotta thank those that make sub-par food & dine & be appreciative that there's a dinner that they tried to make yummy.
the thought put into the meal makes that food special in the end.:heart:

another thought- the shamelessly incompetent actually exist. as in, u should bolt if they say they're making dinner. may as well cook the food urself if this kinda stuff is uttered in ur kitchen- (my Mom now openly says she was once that non-cook.)
'so, this recipe says to use buttermilk. can u get me a stick of butter & the milk~'
'oh. oops. i think i used salt in this cake & not sugar- think it'll make a difference~'
'seafoam candy. well, now i gotta travel to the sea fer candymaking.'
'this says to 'cream the crisco & sugar. is there cream in that fridge~'
'rice the potato. have we got rice in that cabinet~'
'seperate eggs. put this other egg over on that other counter.'
'this recipe says i have to use 'cultured yogurt'. let's get tickets to the opera & put a bow-tie onto that container of yogurt.'
'is granola a fruit or a veggie~'

Last edited:

Embryodad

Nothing to eat yet! I had a little cheese and crackers to hold me over.
Not like I will starve to death, but just to keep me from not thinking of food.
Mommy "T" just called , and she is on her way home from PA.

She's got food like pizza and stuff, and I will see her in an hour.

I made J E L L O for us, and I'm gonna now make the whipped cream in the "whipit" Whipped Cream Bottle / server! YUM!

I'm sipping on wine.... Just finished scrubbing the stove top and grates.
It was filthy. Yuck !!!...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the truth!

I did not need any critics for my first attempt at duck last week:dizzy: at least i got some good stock and fat out of it - dogs liked the innards:hotdog:

stock/duck fat is a gain- u can use those fer quite a few foods.
great way to learn & improve, i say. when my food is imperfect, i'll immediately critique so as to make a better version later on. & keep pushing on until i get that food jus' so. perfectionism can rock.

MarrieAnn

I made stuffed zuchini with rice and still have leftovers from New years eve - "puten schnitzel" which means - turkey schnitzel. Baked potatoes and rizi bizi.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I am beat and not in a great mood so I grabbed 3 home made meat pies out of the freezer and just put them in the oven.

Embryodad

I made scallops in the broiler. Had them with a roll as a pusher.

Tina is making Shells with Canned Tuna in tomato sauce! ( I won't eat that even though I like Tuna )

Dessert..... Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnut (s) ! Umm Umm Umm!!!