Thursday 1/5/2012 What's cooking today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have no idea what's for dinner. I need some inspiration today. I have no interest in anything and nothing is thrilling me for some reason today.

Any plans?

lilylove

Chicken thighs are thawing. I think I'll throw a bunch of veggies on the bottom of a pan and lay the chicken on top and roast the whole thing up. I have carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery, broc and caluiflower all waiting to be used.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Noodle Bowl, but not sure yet what all will be in it, shrimp for sure

Embryodad

Enthusiastic?? Me? ... N O T ...

I had no clue. Mommy T made herself a huge pot of chicken soup.

I will have the leftover Italian Sausage and macaroni home mades from the other day.

DD was over and made m&m cookies of some sort.

I processed and separated suasage and ground beef the Mrs. bought yesterday in PA at the restaurant supply there.

peeps Lemon pie made me wish for a Lemon pie...maybe if we have the pudding mix..I can get DW to make one. Maybe tomorrow. I don't want to push her today. She's cold and all bundled up on the recliner chair watching the TV.

Tonight I am going to make my peppers with olive oil and minced garlic.
I just get the hot cherry canned peppers and dice them and prepare them.
I love to eat them with everything, and especially a nice salami & provalone sandwich.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Enthusiastic?? Me? ... N O T ...

I had no clue. Mommy T made herself a huge pot of chicken soup.

I will have the leftover Italian Sausage and macaroni home mades from the other day.

DD was over and made m&m cookies of some sort.

I processed and separated suasage and ground beef the Mrs. bought yesterday in PA at the restaurant supply there.

peeps Lemon pie made me wish for a Lemon pie...maybe if we have the pudding mix..I can get DW to make one. Maybe tomorrow. I don't want to push her today. She's cold and all bundled up on the recliner chair watching the TV.

Tonight I am going to make my peppers with olive oil and minced garlic.
I just get the hot cherry canned peppers and dice them and prepare them.
I love to eat them with everything, and especially a nice salami & provalone sandwich.
I wish I had some sausage and peppers!!

I have never made lemon meringue pie with pudding. Is it sweet and tart?

Embryodad

I wish I had some sausage and peppers!!

I have never made lemon meringue pie with pudding. Is it sweet and tart?
The sausage wasn't that good peep.
There was too much hot pepper in the sausage...and the fennel seeds stuck in my teeth.
The sauce was too red, and it stained my chin as it drizzled down my face.

The peppers were not too hard, and the onion pieces were too big.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't know peep...I called it pudding...I think it's lemon pie filling. It may be My-T Fine...but I know they don't sell it or have it here in NJ. She has to get it in PA.
And she forgot to get it this time she was there.

It's a powder, and she cooks it and adds egg yolks to it. It is awesome tasting, and not wet and runny and doesn't turn / separate to watery bottom.

Nancy-MD

I made beef and veggie stir fry.

Attachments

• 1.5.12 beef and veggie stir fry.jpg
    1.5.12 beef and veggie stir fry.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 121

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The sausage wasn't that good peep.
There was too much hot pepper in the sausage...and the fennel seeds stuck in my teeth.
The sauce was too red, and it stained my chin as it drizzled down my face.

The peppers were not too hard, and the onion pieces were too big.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't know peep...I called it pudding...I think it's lemon pie filling. It may be My-T Fine...but I know they don't sell it or have it here in NJ. She has to get it in PA.
And she forgot to get it this time she was there.

It's a powder, and she cooks it and adds egg yolks to it. It is awesome tasting, and not wet and runny and doesn't turn / separate to watery bottom.
We like tomato in our sausage, peppers and onions also. Sometimes I just fry the peppers and onions alone with fresh garlic and fresh tomatoes. YUMMY

I just typed up my lemon pie recipe so I can post.

I made beef and veggie stir fry.
OH MAN Nan that looks so fantastic. I feel the need for beef! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Poutine..skipped the polish dogs for now

2vw8waw.jpg
This looks good. I have not seen cheese curds around here. But I do LOVE dipping crispy fries in brown gravy. I never put anything on top of fries because I like them to stay crispy.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
if you use shoe string fries and cook them crispy..even with gravy they do not get soggy..one of my dislikes

i just use regular cheese as well, getting cheese curds around here is impossible..lol

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
if you use shoe string fries and cook them crispy..even with gravy they do not get soggy..one of my dislikes

i just use regular cheese as well, getting cheese curds around here is impossible..lol
What kind of cheese do you use?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
What kind of cheese do you use?

depends on the mood i am in... today it was an italian blend...parm,mozza,provalone,asiago,romano,fontina

just plain mozza works...i have used a cheddar blend and then topped with bacon...so many different ways to make Poutine

Embryodad

Just what I had for supper today!

I ate No Bread with it.

I did get bread withdrawal though!...LOL..:bonk:

f754a9cc.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
that looks very very tasty...but i am not an italian sausage kind of guy unless the fennel is taken out of it... :readytoeat:
Just what I had for supper today!

I ate No Bread with it.

I did get bread withdrawal though!...LOL..:bonk:

f754a9cc.jpg

Embryodad

that looks very very tasty...but i am not an italian sausage kind of guy unless the fennel is taken out of it... :readytoeat:
Yeah!... I like the fennel seeds..but the kids don't. They spew it out if they hit one.

When I make sausage myself...I make a bunch with powdered fennel. Just a tad for the kids. LO L

Still working through this stomach bug thing, so I skipped dinner last night, & hubby treated himself to some pizza on his way home from work.

I noshed on a shrimp ring w/ cocktail sauce, avocado dip, crackers & laughing cow cheese. Then, munched on a slice of marble pound cake & fresh strawberries.