Baby Back Ribs Question...

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm going to make baby back ribs a day ahead in my BBQ for the family Easter party. My question is, should I fully cook them and just heat them up at the party, or par-cook them and finish cooking them up in the oven at the party?

High Cheese

Saucier
Like a good tomato sauce, ribs taste better the next day. Something about the collagen redistributing or some crap like that. Fully cook them then reheat wrapped in foil the next day.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would clean them up if needed and put them in the refrigerator with either a dry or a marinate over night. It only takes a couple of hours to do them on a grille, in the oven or in a smoker really. I've gotten great results with all three methods. It depends largely on how many racks I have to make and if I'm using an Asian recipe or one of the traditional methods of BBQing etc.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Thanks guys!

Joe, I'm wanting to BBQ them for the smoke flavor at my house, but I'm serving them at another house. I can use the oven there, but I don't want to do much more than throw them in the oven at the host's house.

chowhound

I've nuked leftover ribs on a plate before too, with plastic wrap on top and a couple holes poked. They're just as tasty as day one.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sure they can be reheated but I would finish them in your smoker then. I've also done it the way chowhound has suggested in a microwave. If you are using a sauce on them hold that until you reheat it and then put on the sauce in the oven.

Love2"Q"

you can fully cook then reheat on the grill .. i have done this a
few times and its very good .. DW prefers it when i do it that way ...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
you can fully cook then reheat on the grill .. i have done this a
few times and its very good .. DW prefers it when i do it that way ...

i agree and this also gives you a chance to put on more sauce. only takes minutes to reheat them on the grill