6-Hr. Apple Smoked Baby Back Ribs

Ross in Ventura

A year ago Jackie and I were watching a Food TV show about Mike Mills and his 17th Street Rubs and Sauces, sense he was a champion BBQ'er I sent for some.
Well a year has gone by and I haven't used it until now. I also wanted to try my new High-Que fire grate on a lo and slow smoke.
f9213f49.jpg

I found some really nice and meaty Baby Backs at Ralph's Mkt. I bought 4 of them
8d331c71.jpg

e9e568e1.jpg

Slathered with yellow mustard and seasoned with 17th Street Magic Dust on the left and Plowboys Yardbird Rub on the right, Put in the refrigerator overnight and re-seasoned the morning of the cook
2219e2bf.jpg

Loaded onto the fire grate Lump and Apple wood chunks
54e4d1f9.jpg

859bcee6.jpg

Got the fire going 2-hrs. early for the 6-hr. smoke with the DigiQ2 it came up to temp real quick, 30-min. before the start put a pan of apple juice on the platesetter
260fa072.jpg

10:15am the Ribs went on 17th Street on the bottom and Plowboys on the top
f17f4c4a.jpg

Pit probe attached to the raised grid
a40e4b6f.jpg

4353829c.jpg

869cb260.jpg

Served with 17th Street Baked Beans and Cold Slaw that Jackie made along with some wonderful Bread Pudding
b9d09082.jpg

Family and friends there for the fine meal. Both Rubs were well liked and we served 17th Street Sauce and Blues Hog. No complants

Recipe for 17th Street: http://sobefestcookbook.com/?p=126

High-Que: http://www.high-que.com/Stainless-Charcoal-Grate-Upgrade-Large/dp/B004XU1FES

Thanks for looking

Ross

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ross those look so good. Mouthwatering. I can't wait to try it for myself. I was just telling DW I was ready to get the smoker out and looking for requests. She didn't have any thank goodness ....so now I'm open to try this. ummmmmm I can't wait.

Great post buddy!!!!! :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ross, I continue to be impressed with the amount of food you can turn out on that BGE!

And you sure know how to use it well! That dinner looks incredible!

Lee

QuirkyCookery

Those look phenomenal. My partner walked by while I was drooling at the pictures and had me go back so they could drool some, too, haha.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
They do look good Ross and I also like the apple wood smoke on Ribs and Turkey's.