Spatchcock Turkey

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i usually brine my poultry but this time i was too sick to do anything with it.. just gave it a little rub with olive oil,some spices and smoked it. just shy of a 15lb bird

served with BLT Pasta and cornbread muffins -

about 2 hours in

2vmfztw.jpg

off the smoker and ready for the grill to crisp up skin

2crsf0n.jpg

on the grill

a4c5sw.jpg

off the grill

2gt6d6q.jpg

the whole menu

34qnuqs.jpg

the verdict...

this turkey came out just as juicy as when i brine them. i made sure to keep an eye on the internal temps.. BLT Pasta is now going to be a staple on the menu... the cornbread muffins were a little overcooked but still tasted great with butter and honey.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You Spatchcocked a Turkey?!?! Damn brother, way to go! Awesome! Looks mighty fine! :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Pssst......is that Jiffy Mix on those corn bread muffins, the SWEET kind? :poke:

:yum:

We actually love those! :oops: :hide:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
yup it is... cornemeal is so expensive here that it is cheaper to buy the boxes..i luv em too..lol

DW finds these little star shaped (5 point) muffin tins at the Dollar store on occasion and makes star shaped muffins from that mix. I so love those. So darn tasty, tender, and a bit sweet. It's just fun to eat the little points off as you're digging into your plate.

We were buying that Jiffy Mix box at 29 cents per box, but it is up to 45 cents per box now.

Uh.....if Mama comes in here.....HIDE!!!

dq4ujb.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
its strange but we have a local pawn shop of all places that gets all kinds of wierd things and they carry the cornbread mix for the same price...

i add to them... cream corn,cheddar cheese,sour cream,jalapeno(today they had my hot sauce in them)...made 5 boxes of them today

i also add leftover grilled corn to the mix...adds a very nice flavor

DW finds these little star shaped (5 point) muffin tins at the Dollar store on occasion and makes star shaped muffins from that mix. I so love those. So darn tasty, tender, and a bit sweet. It's just fun to eat the little points off as you're digging into your plate.

We were buying that Jiffy Mix box at 29 cents per box, but it is up to 45 cents per box now.

Uh.....if Mama comes in here.....HIDE!!!

dq4ujb.jpg