Saturday 12/10/11 What's going on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My pot roast is simmering. Will be served with mashed red and yukons, gravy and either salad or steamed broccoli and carrots (or both).

Any plans?

Leni

My Bromeliad plant club is having its holiday party this evening. We'll have turkey with all of the trimmings.

Jim54

Feijoada com Farofa

PC104563_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20445

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got a strip steak waiting to be cooked & covered w/ an egg. as for side-dishes, that's between an individual potato gratin dauphinoise/seasoned thin-cut fries, & also a veggie TBD.
i'll be food shopping tonite, so i'll hem & haw over the produce when i get there

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh Jim...that looks wonderful!

Pot Roast sounds wonderful Peepers!

I can't wait to see the pics luvs....that sounds delicious!

Chil sounds good MGJ...I'll bet the chorizo really adds a wonderful flavor!

Have fun Leni and GG!

I making thumbprint cookies so dinner will be something simple like spaghetti.

Embryodad

No thoughts of what to eat...

DD was over, and she was making the parts for a gingerbread house from scratch..

The glue icing didn't work out right, and DW was holding the sides for her, and the house collapsed.... ^$^&*%^(*&^ OMG the words!!!

I was just waiting for the cookie parts to go flying.

I had a cup a soup and crackers... I am staying far far away from all the excitement.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pot roast and au jus gravy, mashed red & Yukon potatoes (cream cheese, butter & sour cream), steamed fresh carrots and salad (butter lettuce, broccoli, vine tomato, mushroom caps, carrots curls and homemade Italian dressing).

121011_pot_roast.jpg

Embryodad

Pot roast and au jus gravy, mashed red & Yukon potatoes (cream cheese, butter & sour cream), steamed fresh carrots and salad (butter lettuce, broccoli, vine tomato, mushroom caps, carrots curls and homemade Italian dressing).

121011_pot_roast.jpg
Tina just got home from shopping, and she saw this pic, and wants to know what time's dinner. We'll be right over. L O L

It looks great peep, and the dark brown gravy....Yum!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tina just got home from shopping, and she saw this pic, and wants to know what time's dinner. We'll be right over. L O L

It looks great peep, and the dark brown gravy....Yum!!!
Thank you Jimmy and Tina. Not much left. LOL

Jim54

121011_pot_roast.jpg

WOW! So much good foods :)

Embryodad

DD was over..and made her own Parts for a Gingerbread House....
There was a lot of mouth action $%#@%$^#&^# going on because the pieces didn't stick.

Ha ha..I just sat waiting for the house to go flying like the house in theWizard of OZ....

9423298c.jpg

7102fed3.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks like it's working now Jimmy! I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Nice looking dinner Peepers!

I didn't have any spaghetti so I used elbow noodles.

Attachments

• dinner12102011.jpg
    dinner12102011.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 105

Embryodad

I can't wait to "EAT" it when it's finished. L O L

Poor kid was disappointed. I told her you have to put this together a little at the time.
The ones in the kit, come with a cardboard to glue and afix the pieces to.

I will take a pic of it when it's finished tomorrow. :oops:As long as she doesn't flip out on it. And she has a short fuse!

The elbow macaroni's look good...and the cheese on top....Y U M !

Embryodad

Gosh Oh Gee! Looking and hearing about everyone's food, I am thinking of making a tomato sauce with meatballs for tomorrows supper. Like N O W !
Especially after seeing Mamas Macaroni's. Ummmm!!!

DW had mentioned she wants a lot of bread in her meatballs. So she will get her wish, and I will make mine separate. Hers will be the large ones, and mine will be the smaller size.
I have ballers; because I like my meatballs all the same, and uniform in shape and size.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Jimmy! It was good. Whenever I make meatballs, I'm the same way, they have to all be the same size. I hope DD's gingerbread house turns out well for her.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i finally got thru w/ shopping, cooking, dinner, & dishes. i'm beat.
made my steak & egg (poached- that egg was so spot-on, then i failed to ease it onto my steak gently enough & it was not so spot-on after that. said, 'oh, well & continued plating.)
made baby squash in a sage & garlic beurre noisette & a few carrots, plain. served the steak w/ it's jus (scrumptious!) & some A-1. i almost made it thru that whole plate of food! that u won't see too often. maybe since i chose last minute not to make a starch & dinner wasn't cooked 'til nearly 12:30!

Attachments

• IMG_1505478.jpg
    IMG_1505478.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Embryodad

made my steak & egg (poached- that egg was so spot-on, then i failed to ease it onto my steak gently enough & it was not so spot-on after that. said, 'oh, well & continued plating.)
made baby squash in a sage & garlic beurre noisette & a few carrots, plain. served the steak w/ it's jus (scrumptious!) & some A-1. i almost made it thru that whole plate of food! that u won't see too often. maybe since i chose last minute not to make a starch & dinner wasn't cooked 'til nearly 12:30!
Looks Good luvs....

I like the carrots cooked with the tops intact. To me, it flavors the carrot taste better.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh luvs! That looks wonderful and I'm so proud of you for nearly finishing it...you go girl!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well, thanks yinz 2!
jimmy, i buy the stem-on ones seeing as to how they're sweeter
2.)they're cute. haha.
how's the gingerbread building 'goin.......- yep, i think i'd express many choice *%^# phrases, too.
mama, your elbows looks so good. i was leaning into the screen last nite trying to determine if your broccoli was roasted. that's how i like my sauce- thicker & meaty.
as a whole, great food guys! jim54, your dish intriques me. & 'luvin that pot roast dinner, peepz!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW! So much good foods :)

Thank you Jim.

DD was over..and made her own Parts for a Gingerbread House....
There was a lot of mouth action $%#@%$^#&^# going on because the pieces didn't stick.

Ha ha..I just sat waiting for the house to go flying like the house in theWizard of OZ....

9423298c.jpg

7102fed3.jpg

Did the house begin to twitch? LOL

Thank you Mama! Love your dinner and the fresh grated cheese yum!

WOW Luvs!! And BTW we LOVE Boylan's black cherry soda. It is made local to where I live.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
well, thanks yinz 2!
jimmy, i buy the stem-on ones seeing as to how they're sweeter
2.)they're cute. haha.
how's the gingerbread building 'goin.......- yep, i think i'd express many choice *%^# phrases, too.
mama, your elbows looks so good. i was leaning into the screen last nite trying to determine if your broccoli was roasted. that's how i like my sauce- thicker & meaty.
as a whole, great food guys! jim54, your dish intriques me. & 'luvin that pot roast dinner, peepz!
Thank you luvs. Falling apart "pulled" pot roast just like you like it!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yep luvs, the broccoli was roasted.

Oh Breezy, that sounds wonderful!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i love pop, peepz- & black cherry is a fave. i'll get a couple bottles, as i dunno if i've tried your kind in black cherry yet. my pop stockpile is getting- woah! & yep, your roast is as i like my own. i think b-cuz it soaks in so much of the juice.

thanx, mama- i was curious 'bout that. IMO roasting most veggies make them so good