What a Deal!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I just found [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Tri-Ply-Collectors-3-Quart-Chefs/dp/B00005ULQD"]this pan[/ame] at a Beall's Outlet store. It was still in the box, marked down to $29.95

I had my frequent shopper discount card fully punched, so I got an additional 20% off on my entire purchase.

Plus, it's Monday. Beall's has a "Monday Card" that gives you 15% off of eveything you buy on Mondays f you're over 50.

I got the pan for $19.50. Now that's a bargain!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What a SCORE, SS!!!

Congratulations! What a deal!!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is a good deal. :thumb: Congrats.

Question: Why are the handles on the high end cookware simply metal that gets hot? I don't understand why the handles are not insulated like they are on lower cost pans. :confused:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Actually, they don't get hot. They are a different metal, so they don't transmit the heat the same way. They also have hollow pockets in their design which does something to dissipate the heat.

Maybe one of the science geeks can explain it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks SS. Interesting. I wondered if that was it after I asked my question. But don't you find a handle that is bigger around is easier to lift and maneuver?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Great for making sauces & gravies, because the bottom has rounded corners, allowing your wire whisk to cover all areas and get the roux mixed with the liquid, helping to eliminate lumps or clumps of unblended roux!!

High Cheese

Saucier
those metal handles only get hot in the oven.

don't ask me how I know that.
busted.gif