An easy appetizer platter

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this appetizer platter a couple of Thanksgivings ago, to bring to my parents' house. It was so easy and so good, that I think I will repeat it this year. I love the PICTURE so much that it's my current screensaver, LOL!

We have appetizers in the early afternoon, while my father opens his birthday gifts, and we eat Thanksgiving dinner around 7 p.m. There are only four of us, so this was plenty.

I didn't have a lot of time to mess with fancy appetizers, so this is what I put together (all made or BOUGHT ahead - I nuked the linguica and mushrooms when I got there)

- mushrooms stuffed with duxelles, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, parm cheese
- sauteed sliced linguica
- cracked pepper brie
- Ham Pretzel Pleasers
- soft baguette
- assorted olives

Ham Pretzel Pleasers (from Taste of Home, I think)

3 oz. cream cheese
1 cup ground ham
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Onion juice to taste or grated onion-we like grated onion
Pretzel sticks
1/2 cup parsley

Combine cream cheese, ground ham, pecans, Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle of onion juice or grated onion. Form into about 3 dozen balls. Roll in crushed parsley and stick pretzel stick in each ball to serve

QBro made this and they turned out to be corndog shape, but they were a huge hit!

Lee

thanksgiving2007appetizya6.jpg

chowhound

Hey, I've had that sausage. It was simply called Portuguese sausage when I had it. Google is our friend :^)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am an appetizer type person. I could just nibble all night long on really great appetizers and skip the big meal. That looks great!