Andy's Smoky Chili

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
1# Ground Beef(I used Hamburger)
1# Ground pork (I used what the market called stew meat and ground it myself)
2 Large cans (20 Oz Whole tomatoes) Red Pack
2 8 Oz Cans Tomato Pste.
! large white onion (The biggest tat I could fnd)
6 cloves of Garrick
2 Tbsp Herbs Du Provence
1 Tbsp fennel (Wish I had more)
Kosher salt to taste1 Tbsp crushed red pepper.
1 Tbsp Liquid hickory smoke.
3 shots Jack Daniels
1 # chopped mushrooms.

Meat prep
Grind the pork
It would be better if you got stew beef chunks and ground that as well.
Alternative – use hamburger and ground pork or ground sweet sausage.

Meat prep

Crush the garlic and chop it. Put a bit of Olive oil in the fry pan and add the garlic salt and 4 or 5 turns of crushed black pepper.

Add the meat and brown drain off the water that cooks out.

Put the meat in a stock pot.

Put one can of tomatoes in the food processor, add the large white onion chopped a bit. Process for 30 seconds or so, I like it chunky.

Put that in the pot

Put the other can in the food processor. Chop the mushrooms a bit and add them. Process for 30 sec and dump all that in the pot..

Add the Herbs Du Provence, the red pepper and the fennel. Peel and add one large russet pottato. Add the liquid smoke and the Jack Daniels. Add the two cans of Tomato paste.

Simmer it for an hour to an hour and a half. Remove the potato and either discard or eat. It was there to take the sharp edge off the tomato. It has served it's purpose. I like it, it tastes great.

You can add any kind of peppers that float your boat. You will hav a snioky tasting chili with a bit of a bang.

Andy

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
3 shots of Jack Daniels!!!!! :eek:
And you take this to work with you? Does the bourbon aroma come out at all when you heat it? How about in the taste?

Sounds like something I'll have to try ....at home. :D

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Doc - The JD alcohol cooks out - LOL - At least everyone says that it does. The problem making it was that I had to measure several times to make sure that I had the right amount. I don't know why, but, it tasted different the next day - LOL