What's Cooking NCT Sun 8/3/2014 to Sat 8/9/2014?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made pot roast, small red taters in jackets cooked in the pot roast jus, steamed baby spinach on the side.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a guy i know rang me. i figured i'd tx him to a few drafts & i'll get pizza bread, as he buys fer me often enough.

blake was here & i'm gonna see if he'll return later,- then we could order in. if i keep dining so often, my doctor's gonna hug me. 1 guy i know keeps texting me. he is looking to get me into a county way far away to a shindig to snooze beneath a tarp & dine on burgers. i gracefully declined. 5 or 9 times over. he isn't very receptive. oh, well.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Were suppposed to have hot dogs tonight.
Our stomachs were twisted, and so no one felt like grilling the dogs.
Tina got us MacDonalds. I had one of those Big mac burgers. Yuuck! I don't like ketchup and mayo on a burger at the same time. Good thing she bought a plain Macdouble with cheese. Had some french fries until I played Klutz and knocked the darn thing on the floor.
The aminals will eat good tonight.

SOooo! Looks like hot dogs for tomorrow. I gotta make some chili sauce for them.
I love Chili Cheese Dogs....ummmm!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had a Strawberry/Yogurt Smoothie for breakfast &

A small cheeseburger, fries and a Diet Dr. Pepper for lunch!! :driving::eating2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 120

Embryodad

Tina made Potato Salad for tonight ( Thanks to Shermie for the inspiration ) and I will grill us hot dogs.
Maybe tomorrow we can have steak, if Mommy Wins Big.
She's going to Atlantic City, on with the Church Bus. I told her, instead of sleeping on the bus, get up there and have everybody pray that you would win some $$$$.

Huh! Probably better save some hot dogs for tomorrow.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
picking @ extras- pizza (pepperoni, & methinx there were peppers, too). i dipped that into a few sauces.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I had my meat for the day, so tonight, I'm going to make some hot meatless veggie carrot spinach & cabbage soup right inside the Shred Emulsifier container!!

I'll post a pic of it when I'm done.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a pic of the veggie soup that I made last night.

Came out rather too thick, so I'm going to do it again, but with far less stuff and see then what it looks like then. :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 109

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here it is again, this time, a thinner more delectable soup!

Looks this time, like a cross between split pea and cream of broccoli soup.

Found out the it was the leftover marinara that made it so thick yesterday. This one is much better & tastier!!

Added a few broccoli florets at the end of the recipe and pulsed the soup a few times to give it a somewhat chunkier texture! It's all gone now! Ate it all up! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Embryodad

Jimmy Only had a sliced egg on a hamburger bun with lettuce and mayo.
It was so good, I could have wolfed down 2 more.
I held off, and used will power.

My idea of Will Power, is me saying," I ((Will Eat)) More, Later!"

I will have a ham and cheese hoagie, with oil and italian seasonings, and play Chin Drip with the juices into a dish; so that I could wipe all the goodness, as I eat the rest of the hoagie!!

Later... a scoop of ice cream to settle my tummy, and then a Zantac to heal all the bad sins and punishment I made eating that hoagie.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Monday went to Cracker Barrel for my birthday dinner, Tuesday made oven fried b/a chicken breasts (dipped in seasoned melted butter then dredged in crushed herb seasoned stuffing cubes) and baked. Was very good, Wednesday was homemade split pea soup.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've been drinking smoothies and eating veggie soup, processed and made hot in the Shred Emulsifier for the last several days!! No meat for a while, or at least cutting back on eating so much of it all the time!

Today, I'm going out for a walk!!

I'm on a serious mission to lose some weight!! Lost about 10 pounds already. Want to lose at least 50 or 60 pounds!! :wow::hotdog: :)

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Finally had nice weather to grill some ribeyes. Pulled some beets from the garden and made some baked potatoes as well. Steaks were so nice and tender.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had another smoothie for breakfast and one for lunch! :smile:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 103

Embryodad

Monday went to Cracker Barrel for my birthday dinner, Tuesday made oven fried b/a chicken breasts (dipped in seasoned melted butter then dredged in crushed herb seasoned stuffing cubes) and baked. Was very good, Wednesday was homemade split pea soup.
Happy Birthday Late peeps....

I know you had a good meal and celebration at the Cracker barrel.

God Bless You!

Embryodad

Had odds and ends today.
I had a left over roast beef sandwich with mayo on a burger bun.
Just had 2 slices pizza heated in the toaster oven.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made something that turned out pretty good last night. I lightly steamed some fresh green beans, cut up some onion into large strips, gave the onion a saute in a bit of peanut oil, added some garlic, added the steamed beans, and hit it with some Panda Express Mandarin Sauce and a little ponzu. Not quite as good but a fair sub for the Chinese green beans on the buffets. Had the beans with a pork chop.

That mandarin sauce is a sodium bomb, but it sure tastes good.

Happy Birthday, Peeps :blowcandle:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Had another smoothie for breakfast and lunch today!!

This one is a yogurt, grape and spinach one! As usual, it's all gone! Hah!! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 87

Embryodad

Tonight it is gonna be ch ch ch ch chicken braised with onions.
Tina and her Uncle want that....
... DO I ???? ....Is it crispy?? .... NO? ...Then NOT FOR ME! ...... Period!

I'm gonna have split pee soop lol that I had in the freezer. Next Door Neighbor made it, and it's got LOADS of Ham and Sausage in it.
Gots a loaf of Italian Bread, and I will be all set to eat. ( slurp)!