Cacio a Pepe

LADawg

I watch Fabio Viviani’s Chow Ciao on the computer quite often and a few weeks ago he made something that he called Cacio a Pepe. http://screen.yahoo.com/chow-ciao/3-ingredient-spaghetti-050000988.html Down here in Lower Alabama I would just call it Spaghetti with Butter, Black Pepper, and Parmesan Cheese.
Anyway I came up with this recipe and if I do say so myself, it’s a very good side dish…..

CACIO a PEPE
3 Ounces Spaghetti
2 Quarts of Water for cooking pasta
1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
1 1/2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Teaspoons Black Pepper, freshly ground
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
Bring Salted Water to a boil in a large pot. Add Spaghetti and cook according to package directions until it is al a dent.
While the Spaghetti is cooking melt Butter in a skillet of pot and, add the fresh ground Black Pepper and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Grate the Parmesan Cheese and set aside.
When the Spaghetti is cooked, drain, but do not let it loose all of it’s water. Place the skillet or pot with the Butter and Black Pepper back on the heat and add the wet Spaghetti. Stir to combine. Add 1/4 cup of the grated Parmesan Cheese to the Spaghetti and stir to mix and melt cheese, and makes a creamy sauce.
Serve as a side dish and sprinkle each serving with a little of the remaining Parmesan Cheese.
Makes 2 servings