Mushroom sauce for pasta?

Bells

I had a fantastic recipe for mushrooms and Philly cream cheese but I can't seem to find it. If I find it, I'll post it. Cream cheese is really good with mushrooms on pasta.

Gramps

hehe;....... let us know how it goes, please!
Haven't had the time this busy week to sit down and write a full and complete report, but here is a brief summary.

We had the last of the raviolis with my extra special Gramp's mushroom sauce (based on everything I'd learned here) on Sunday. I did a lot of experimenting based on the ingredients and ideas brought out here and the end result was truly superb beyond words. :smile: It was so good that my lady friend took what was left for lunch the next day and ate everything including the mushrooms themselves!!! :dizzy: I could hardly believe it!!! :kiss: The Cremini mushrooms, in particular, were exceptionally good. :beer:

Extra special thanks
to Kimchee (prior to the tomato and pesto comments!) and Chowderman (just outstanding!!!) for really understanding what I was trying to achieve and making it happen. :applause:Honorable mention to BreezyCooking, VeraBlue and Cooksie for some nice added touches and for ideas that will help me with other similar dishes in the future! :wave:

This really is a wonderful place to get cooking help! :chef: Thank you all for contributing! :eating2::tiphat:

Take care,
Tom

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What an excellent report, Gramps!

So glad that your dish worked out well for you and your lady!

Thanks for the terrific follow-up post!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Way to go Gramps. I am so glad the folks here were able to help you out with this dish. Good job gang!!!!!!!! Kudos to you gramps for the feedback. :thumb: :D