3 cups parts dark brown sugar
1 cup pickling salt
1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 table spoon lemon pepper
1 table spoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 tablespoon italian seaoning
touch of cinnamon

mix all dry ingredients, lay filets (i like this brine on salmon and rainbows) flat in a non-reactive pan or dish. lay a layer of drybrine on the filet, top with another row of filets, repeat. cover and put in fridge at least 18hours.

i know those who havent used a dry brine, will think that there will be no liquid to give flavor, but give it a try and you will see how much liquid the salt draws out of the fish.

rinse,if desired, i dont. lay in front of a gently blowing fan for at least an hour on a rack so the pellicule forms. smoke as desired

bambamsmoked.JPG

Johnny West

3 cups parts dark brown sugar
1 cup pickling salt
1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 table spoon lemon pepper
1 table spoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 tablespoon italian seaoning
touch of cinnamon

mix all dry ingredients, lay filets (i like this brine on salmon and rainbows) flat in a non-reactive pan or dish. lay a layer of drybrine on the filet, top with another row of filets, repeat. cover and put in fridge at least 18hours.

i know those who havent used a dry brine, will think that there will be no liquid to give flavor, but give it a try and you will see how much liquid the salt draws out of the fish.

rinse,if desired, i dont. lay in front of a gently blowing fan for at least an hour on a rack so the pellicule forms. smoke as desired

bambamsmoked.JPG
I want to try this when we get back from Vegas and Utah.