Mama calling Mama

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I just wanted to say I tried your dirty rice recipe using Jimmy Dean Hot Pork sausage (I like it a bit hot). All I can say is Wow, excellent recipe and will become my standard from now on. I posted the recipe below for those that hadn't seen it as it was posted about the time you joined if I remember correctly.

Dirty Rice - Mama @NetCookingTalk.com

½ pound of bulk sausage
½ pound of chicken livers, rinsed and trimmed
2 tablespoons bacon grease
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups of uncooked white rice
4 cups of chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Pulse the livers in a food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.

Brown the sausage. Add the bacon grease, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery.

Cook until the vegetables are tender. Add the chicken livers and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the rice, chicken broth, salt, black pepper, Creole Seasoning and cayenne pepper. Stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds fantastic, Joe!

Where the heck IS Mama????

Lee

LADawg

Sounds fantastic, Joe!

Where the heck IS Mama????

Lee

I've been wondering where she was too. When I first got on NCT about a year ago she had something to post almost every day. It's been several weeks since I have seen anything she has had to say. Hope she is O.K.

LADawg

I wrote Mama a message through her web site. Hope I get a reply. I think most of us miss her comments.