Spoon Biscuits

1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tbls. mayonaise

Mix all ingredients together and drop by spoonsful onto prepared cooking sheet (I like using aluminum foil insted of greasing the cooking sheet as it makes for much easier cleanup) and bake biscuits for 10 to 12 minutes at
375 degrees.

These are lovely, light and flaky and delicious. :clap:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Welcome to NCT, Fallon :wave:. I'm not a baker, but this sounds easy enough for even me. Thanks!

Hi, Lee and all.....My name is Fallon and my husband is a graduate of the Le Cordon Bleu Cooking school in Cambridge, Ma. He is currently finishing his internship up here in North Conway and I'm working for a law firm - kind of twiddling my thumbs but it's a beautiful place to live. I love to cook, especially baking, but I'll never be the kind of cook my husband already is, even though he just recently graduated from school. Unlike him, I always look for the easiest way to make anything, thus the recipe for Spoon Biscuits. Incidently, these take about 15 minutes from start to finish and I usually make them for breakfast before we both take off for work in the morning. Easy as all get out. Just slather them with butter and honey or jam and eat with a nice hot cuppa. Mmmmmmm!!

FM

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, we sure are glad you found us Fallon!!!! Welcome to NCT and thanks for sharing some of your wonderful recipes with us!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
1 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tbls. mayonaise

Mix all ingredients together and drop by spoonsful onto prepared cooking sheet (I like using aluminum foil insted of greasing the cooking sheet as it makes for much easier cleanup) and bake biscuits for 10 to 12 minutes at
375 degrees.

These are lovely, light and flaky and delicious. :clap:

Sounds easy!

Leni

This sounds like something that I could deep fry and then roll in sugar and cinnamon.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
This sounds like something that I could deep fry and then roll in sugar and cinnamon.
There are not many foods that wouldn't benefit from deep frying and rolling in cinnamon & sugar.:laugh::laugh:

chilefarmer

Fallon, looks good and easy, I would have to cover them with good ol' cream gravy. Isn't that what Biscuits are for?
CF

Leni

"Isn't that what Biscuits are for?"

Personally I prefer sausage gravy. They're also good for homemade jam.

chilefarmer

Leni, all this talk about biscuits and such sure is making me hungry. I think we can agree biscuits are just plain good eats. CF

Leni

I'm running out of apricot jam that I made last year. Good thing that I froze a lot of them. I'll make some more this coming week. The tree is blooming and I'll have thousands of them come June.