Baked Potato Casserole

homecook

That looks soo good!!!!! I'm drooling over here. I think it's now become your recipe. lol

Thanks so much Keltin.....I'm so glad you're enjoying this recipe.
The broccoli idea sounded good to me too when you mentioned it. At least you tried it. :applause:
Maybe you should think about growing your own potatoes this summer, so you don't run out. :yum:

Barb

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I think I'm going to havve to try it, I'm bored with our usual potatoe sides.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It’s wonderful! I’ve actually made it twice more since this last round of pics! The neighbors are constantly hounding me to make this again and again!

The only thing I’d suggest changing is to put your crushed chips on the soup first, then dot the crushed chips with butter. By having the butter on top of the chips, they brown more easily and quickly giving it a nice look and a little extra crunch.

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am glad this thread came back up. A couple of weeks ago DW made this for me since I was sick. She grated the potatoes, but then they turned black on her???
What did she do wrong?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Did she par-cook them first? That should have kept them from oxidizing.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What Mama said. You’re supposed to cook them a bit first. I always wrap 4 or so potatoes up in a large foil pouch and then bake them for 20-30 minutes and then grate them once they have cooled. They never oxidize when you do it this way.

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, I played with the recipe a bit and made a Broccoli and Cheese version. In the end, it didn’t work that well. It wasn’t bad, but just wasn’t what the original recipe was.

My verdict, don’t mess with the recipe! Leave as is and enjoy!

Oh, and when I made the Broccoli version, I also used Cream of Broccoli soup, so that also changed the taste. So again, I say stick with the original.