Fried bologna sandwiches

Constance

DH bought some great thick-sliced bologna from the deli...about 1/4 inch thick. Today, he cut several slices in half (so the bologna doesn't curl up) and fried them up in the skillet. We had them on whole grain white bread with mustard and thick slices of American cheese.

Now, I'm fixin' to eat more Texas More.

chowhound

You're going to make me go out and buy some bologna, Constance. I haven't had fried bologna in years. Good stuff. I eat mine the same way, too.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Haven't had it in years, but I have always loved fried baloney on buttered toast. I sometimes top it with a fried egg and a few drops of hot sauce. Maybe I'll stop at the deli on the way home to day for a couple thick slices as well. It was breakfast food while growing up.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Haven't had it in years, but I have always loved fried baloney on buttered toast. I sometimes top it with a fried egg and a few drops of hot sauce.

Ooo! Geez, Joe - that sounds good!

Lee

PigStand

I saw in another thread where someone was doing BBQ bologna. Fry a slice of that, add a slice of cheddar cheese and a little BBQ sauce - on whole wheat toast. Dad used to like to make them with garlic bologna, swiss cheese, a spicy brown mustard on whole wheat toast.

LADawg

A long time ago, I was maybe in the 3rd of 4th grade in school my Mother made me two fried bologna sandwiches for lunch just minutes before I left for school. I only lived about a third of a mile or so from school so I always walked to school, weather permitting. Well the good smell of those sandwiches were just TOO much!
I decided to eat one of them. It was so good that it called for the other one.
:oops::oops:No lunch for me that day……….

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
There is nothing like fried Lebanon bologna. I like to fry a few pieces for a breakfast meat with my eggs. It is also good in a grilled cheese.

chilefarmer

I to love bologna fried, haven't had one in years. But now I just might. As we have no meat market I will have to settle for what ever the store has.
I like to fry whole slice and when it cups up break an egg into the cup. Cover and cook until the egg is just the way you like it. CF

Ian M.

Given the fact that it's 2pm, I was sitting here wondering what I wanted for my "breakfast" - and now I know! Bologna egg cups!! Yum!!

Ian

Lefty

Yank
Does anyone do fried salami. I buy Genoa Salami and give it a quick sear on my skillet. I usually eat it for breakfast with eggs.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does anyone do fried salami. I buy Genoa Salami and give it a quick sear on my skillet. I usually eat it for breakfast with eggs.

Never tried it, but I LOVE salami (hard salami is my favorite; Genoa is a close second), but I will definitely try it!

:clap:
:clap:

Lee

CharlieD

It is a staple in my house. I like eggs cooked so the yolk is still soft and runny. With a pickle on a side and some good bread, the best breakfast, especially in the winter time.