Vanilla beans

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
:furious: Why is it so darn hard to find vanilla beans in the store?! Arrrrrg, it's so frustrating when common ingredients can't be found anywhere!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never bought a vanilla bean in a chain supermarket, mom.

There are a couple of upscale stores in the area where I can get them. And/or I get a couple in specialty spice stores, like the Atlantic Spice Company in Truro, MA. They have a website, if you want to send for the beans. http://www.atlanticspice.com/

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
They're pretty darn pricey and don't sell well, so places like I usually do my bulk shopping (Wally World :whistle:) usually don't have them. Same with saffron, it's just too pricey for the normal WW shoppers. I can go to the higher end grocery stores around here and find them both though. I'm intrigued. What are you cooking with vanilla bean?

smoke king

Banned
I agree Cooksie-our Kroegers here carries both Vanilla beans and Saffron, but I don't know whos buying it! Last time I checked, the V beans were 10$ (for 2 pods) and the Saffron was 18$ for a tiny little packet!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I've got both Saffron and Vanilla beans at Kroger's as well as Whole Foods. Our local Miejer's also has both but not always however the Liquor Barn always does also.