1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
6 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon salt

Do you think if I used buttermilk instead of mayo and cream it would still taste ok? Or replace most of them with buttermilk and use a TB or so of mayo and cream?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would go with Tom on this leave the milk products out completely and that is Italian. Emeril is Portuguese what does he know about Italian dressing really. I used Italian dressing tonight to marinate a flank steak myself. A good Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar and good EVOO is perfect with the spices.

Last edited:

suziquzie

raw egg yolks scare me.....
but not any more than cooked ones....
no offense.... i dont eat eggs unless they are covered with enough omlette type stuff to drown out the fact that they are eggs......

chowhound

My hens won't like that statement, Suzi. Come to think of it, maybe they will (lol).
I've got six dozen in the fridge amd just started filling another carton tonight. I have GOT to get a large container and start pickling some of these things. My girls have been giving me 4-5/day.

Calicolady

Susz, what do you think is in mayo? Plus you have vinegar to deter any possible nasties. Plus you're refridgerating for 2 hours only, then cooking.
Eggs are from chickens, you're eating chicken. Chicken has been as questionable as eggs, if not more so.
Stop being so silly, girl.
Haven't you ever had Ceasar Salad?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I would go with Tom on this leave the milk products out completely and that is Italian. Emeril is Portuguese what does he know about Italian dressing really. I used Italian dressing tonight to marinate a flank steak myself. A good Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar and good EVOO is perfect with the spices.

i resent that remark..lol

emeril is actually french-canadian-portuguese (dad french canadian - hilda portuguese.lol) but born in fall river, mass...

suziquzie

i'm silly and i'm proud....
eggs are only eggs if I started them that way....
if i didn't see this happen i didn't know and i am ok with it!!!
yes..... hail ceasar.... mayo rocks.....
just serve it....
don't let me see from scratch this one time.

Calicolady

i'm silly and i'm proud....
eggs are only eggs if I started them that way....

Hell, woman, you'll be famous if it gets out you can lay your own! LOL! /this I gotta see! Anyone else up for a road trip?
(be nice-just kidding. As dad says saus eech his own!)

babe

sounds lovely just the way it is. long as you don't just drink it, a few good things are allowed here and there

GotGarlic

Susz, what do you think is in mayo? Plus you have vinegar to deter any possible nasties. Plus you're refridgerating for 2 hours only, then cooking.
Eggs are from chickens, you're eating chicken. Chicken has been as questionable as eggs, if not more so.
Stop being so silly, girl.
Haven't you ever had Ceasar Salad?

Commercial mayo is made from pasteurized eggs, not raw eggs.

Suzi, I think yogurt or low-fat sour cream would make a good substitute, or just leave them out, as some others have suggested.