3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sumac
2 tablespoons ground cumin
500g lamb mince
Medium bag of baby spinach (about 120g), roughly chopped
Handful of fresh mint, chopped
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
200g feta, crumbled
Handful grated cheese (any type that will melt nicely when grilled)
Handful of pine nuts, lightly toasted
Sea salt to taste

In a medium bowl, add the flour, salt and yoghurt and bring together with a spoon. Pour the dough onto a clean surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until the dough is very smooth and elastic and forms a perfect ball. You can add a tablespoon of water at any stage should the dough be too dry - it needs to be smooth and slightly sticky.

Place the dough in a bowl and allow to rest in a warm spot for half an hour while you work on the filling. I like to put it in a pre warmed oven, turned off and with the light on.

For the filling, add a little olive oil to a fry pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Add the spices, stir well, then add the mince. Turn the heat up to high - you want the mince to fry, not braise. Remove any liquid if you mince releases water.

Place the mince mixture into a large bowl, add the chopped spinach, mint, parsley and pine nuts. Allow to cool very slightly before adding the feta and grated cheese. Taste for seasoning.

Place the dough on a floured surface, divide into four balls, the start to roll each ball into a long oval shape (roughly 40cm x 20cm). The dough should be about 3 - 4 mm thin. Place a quarter of the filling on one half of the dough, then fold the other half over and press the edges so it comes together. Add a little grape seed oil (or an oil that doesn't smoke) to a frypan over a medium heat, then add the filled gozleme and cook for 4 minutes each side, or until they are nice and golden and the cheese has melted inside. Place it in a warm oven on a wooden board while you make the rest.

Serve with lemon wedges, yoghurt and chilli sauce.

Source: http://www.foodonpaper.com/2014/11/lamb-spinach-and-feta-gozleme.html

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm looking to make something with my pound of ground lamb and those look fantastic!

I'm too lazy to make the bread, so I'd probably use pita.

Lee