What's cooking Sunday 11/27/16 to Saturday 12/03/16?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
You are probably right JW; I don't remember ever coating my drummies, as they always end up in sauce or surrounded by dumplings.....

First, I fried them off somewhat, then into the red gravy, then over thin spaghetti...........

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The greens gumbo was really good, so more of that tonight. I didn't really use a recipe, but the only thing I will do differently next time is to up the amt of the roux so it will be thicker.

LT - I know you like stuff like this. If you haven't already, you should give it a whirl.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
The greens gumbo was really good, so more of that tonight. I didn't really use a recipe, but the only thing I will do differently next time is to up the amt of the roux so it will be thicker.

LT - I know you like stuff like this. If you haven't already, you should give it a whirl.

Already filed that !
Thx, and it will get done, when I can get the greens..........

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I got a late start because the water was off for awhile. Got my stock simmering and all my veggies were chopped and ready to go when stock was done. My brown rice is was done. I just needed to grate some Parmesan and Romano cheese. But my fingers and wrists were killing me so I decided to take a break while waiting on the stoc.

You know the saying "best laid plans ...". Well I hear a crash from the kitchen and when I go in I find one of the containers of chopped vegetables open on the floor with its contents all over the floor. Half a quart! Not sure which cat was guilty. Good thing or it would be down one life! So I had to chop more onions and carrots. I'm glad the container with the leeks didn't go down because I had no more of them.

It could have used a bit more celery but all in all it was delicious!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner tonight most likely - More chicken soup over brown rice for hub and I. DD's probably roasted chicken leg quarters and breast with roasted cauliflower and potatoes.

Johnny West

I see the inventor of General Tso's Chicken passed away the other day - 98 yo.

Last night was pan fried chuck steak and a baked corn casserole from this past summer's sweet corn. The steak was tasty but a bit tough and needed braising.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I thought that was the inventor of the Big Mac that passed away.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3098338/c...icle&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014

Him too!

NEW YORK — The chef credited with inventing General Tso’s Chicken, a world-famous Chinese dish smothered in a sweet sauce that was never a staple in China, has died in Taiwan at 98.
Peng Chang-kuei died of pneumonia last Wednesday in Taipei, his son, Chuck Peng, told The Associated Press. He was still cooking in the family’s Taipei restaurant kitchen just a few months ago.

------------------------
Stopped at the store on the way to work and got some deli off the bone ham,some roast beef and swiss slices to take in along with the Panera bagels, croissants and other goodies I'd bought on Thursday to share with my co-workers.
It's that time of year when our break room is filled with appreciation food stuffs from pharmacy, other businesses and families.
Cookies, pretzel mix, candies and always a favourite.. Harry & David baklava.
While not a huge fan of desserts and sweet things, that baklava is the bomb.
Thank you! :wub:

Last edited: