Strawberry Vinaigrette Marinade for Pork & Chicken (and Beef)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wasn’t really sure where to put this. I did this for the Cook’s Challenge: Berries.

Ok, here’s what I did.

Strawberry Vinaigrette Marinade for Pork & Chicken (and Beef)

Ingredients

3/4 lb Strawberries
1 cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sugar
4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & White Pepper to taste (2-3 dashes)

Procedure

Wash the strawberries, cut off the green tops, then cut in half. Place them in a Food Processor with the sugar. Pulse till smooth.

Add the remaining ingredients and lightly pulse.

NOTE: If you hit it hard once the oil is in (pulse a long time in the Food Processor), it will emulsify and become thick! That’s fine for a marinade, but not so great for a salad dressing. Keep that in mind.

Put your meat in a large ziplock bag and cover in the mixture. Allow to marinate 4-6 hours. Overnight is fine. You may want to poke the meat with a fork so that the marinade sinks in. I did.

Once done marinating, grill the meat till done and serve. Pork Chops, about 4 minutes a side (flip once); wings, about 15-20 minutes, flip every 5 minutes.

Optionally, reserve some of the marinade and heat on the stove. Reduce till thick and bubbly and serve as a dipping sauce or use as a basting sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking the meat.

I used Pork and Chicken. Pork was the original goal, but I was curious about chicken too, so it went on as well. This should also do well on beef.

Step1-41.jpg

Step2-35.jpg

Step3-30.jpg

Step4-22.jpg

Step5-17.jpg

Step6-12.jpg

Step7-10.jpg

Step8-7.jpg

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Damn - I thought this sounded gross, but it looks fantastic! Tell us the truth - did the final product taste as good as it looks? It's really hard for me to wrap my head around strawberries and meat but it sure looks delicious.

BTW - thank you, thank you for all the pics, Keltin. I learn so much from your step-by-step recipes.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Gotta admit, I was worried going in, but WOW! Not only does this smell fantastic as it is cooking or cooling on the counter. But the taste is incredible. It's really subtle, but very nice. I've impressed myself. :lol:

The little bits that char and get crunchy.....man, that is a treat! :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I can't even imagine what this would taste like really, but it does look good.

It's hard to describe. Not strong, but subtly sweet and aromatic. A slight vinegar twang with a sweet kiss on your lips that lingers on your tongue. The crunchies are to die for. :lol:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's hard to describe. Not strong, but subtly sweet and aromatic. A slight vinegar twang with a sweet kiss on your lips that lingers on your tongue. The crunchies are to die for. :lol:
The crunchies are the most important part! LOL

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That's good enough for me! :brows: Guess what's on the menu for Saturday?

Get ready for the kiss to linger on your tongue! :yum:

If you try this, marinate as long as possible before cooking to intensify the flavor. Mix it up early in the morning and cook it that night.

On the pork, a nice hot mustard is a surprisingly good dipping sauce! :w00t: