Lobster Scampi

Johnny West

I'll be going to Martha's Vineyard in a few weeks and will be eating a lot of lobster. This will be one of the recipes I'll try, for sure and similar to the spaghetti and shrimp dish. Imma going to get the deep fried lobster at Atria, too.:whistling:

It will be interesting to see what our rental house will have for kitchen items.
I hate to buy a lot ingredients for a short time and what to do with them when I leave.

http://www.cookingforkeeps.com/2015/03/30/easy-lobster-scampi-with-linguini/

INGREDIENTS-:

1 pound linguini
4- 5 ounce lobster tails
6 tablespoons of butter, divided
10 garlic cloves, chopped
4 tablespoons lemon
2 teaspoons lemon zest
½ teaspoon red pepper flake
¾ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS-:

Bring a big pot of water to a rolling boil. Season liberally with salt. It should taste like the sea. Cook until just under aldente. Reserve cooking liquid.
Using kitchen shears, cut each lobster tail length-wise so there are two equal pieces and the flesh is showing. Season flesh with salt and pepper.
In a large saute pan, add four tablespoons of butter over a medium heat. Once it's melted add lobster tails and garlic. Cook lobster tails shell side down for 1-2 minutes until they start to turn slightly red, spoon some of the garlic and butter over the flesh as it cooks. Flip so that the lobster is flesh side down, make sure it cooks in the butter and garlic. Cook another 1-2 minutes until shell is bright red and meat is white. Do not overcook!!!
Remove lobster tails, trying to get off all the garlic off. Remove meat from the shells and chop into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Add remaining butter to the pan along with lemon juice, lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Add linguini and salt, toss to coat and add olive oil.
If needed add starchy pasta water to loosen the sauce up.
Add lobster and parsley back into the pasta. Toss.
Season with salt and pepper.Garnish with chopped parsley.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmm sure sounds good. Enjoy your visit up there.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Johnny, where is your rental house on the Vineyard? Did you book through HomeAway or VBRO?

Have you been to the Vineyard before?

Do you have pictures of the rental????

Can you tell I'm excited for you? :bounce:

Lee

Johnny West

Found it on Martha's Vineyard Vacation Homes. It is VRBO.

http://www.vrbo.com/138040

It's on Clay Pit Road outside of Edgartown. 3 bedrooms, two baths.

I've been there 4 times. This will be the last trip as my son is staying
in Utah year around from now on.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great-looking spot, Johnny!

Sorry to hi-jack your Lobster Scampi thread, but I wanted to add a couple of photos of my last Vineyard rental.

Lee

Attachments

• 49 Our house, view from dock.JPG
    49 Our house, view from dock.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 59 Sunrise from our deck.JPG
    59 Sunrise from our deck.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Johnny West

Great-looking spot, Johnny!

Sorry to hi-jack your Lobster Scampi thread, but I wanted to add a couple of photos of my last Vineyard rental.

Lee

Two summers ago we were in Menemsha. My son ran the Home Port so we were right by the water and spoiled. I had raw clams and lobster every day - he fixed us an 8 pounder.

The first few years he was there he was sous chef at the Harbor View Hotel. We got comped a suite for $40 a night!!! ... room service martinis and raw oysters - no charge. I lost all the pictures in an iMac melt down.

I'll miss the Vineyard.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Menemsha photos

My friend, Christine, and I shared a table with two ladies at Larson Fish Market, Menemsha

53 With Kathy and Roxanne at Larson's Fish Market, Menemsha.JPG

Sculpture in the sand

54 Sculpture at Menemsha.JPG

One of the famous Menemsha sunsets near the fishing boats

55 Sunset at Menemsha.JPG

Johnny West

Matt was in Menemsha last night.

We go to Larson's, too, where I get a lobster roll
and clams on the half shell.

11921679_10204458397208167_1244861369915999365_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Johnny West

I stand corrected. We go to Menemsha Fish Market for clams and lobster rolls.
Larson's is where he got the 8 pound lobster for that special meal. I know the fish market people are all related.

Here are some cherry stones on the half shell I had.

Cherry%20Stones%20II.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My father would kill for those cherrystones!

Johnny, look at the two women at the far right of your sunset photo. They are standing back to back, holding hands, and their silhouette forms an "M".

Did your son stage that? ;-)

Lee

Johnny West

I noticed that. That is the beach down at the end of the pier by the Texaco I believe. I walk down past Letterman's and the Kennedy's houses on their private beaches - no has chased me out yet.

Johnny West

He text me tonight and said we'd go to (Stanley's) Menemsha Fish Market for a dock side dinner - nothing fancy, just fantastic lobster and clams.

We'll also do Smoke and Bones for beef ribs. :beer:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Smoke N' Bones! Boy, I wish I'd known about that when I stayed in Oak Bluffs!

I snagged a photo of beef ribs from a Yelper and they look unbelievable! LOL, the Yelper put a dime on the plate for scale!

Hey, Johnny, when I have the chance, I'm going to move your Lobster Scampi post to a thread of its own and re-name this thread "Martha's Vineyard chat".

Lee

Attachments

• Beef rib.jpg
    Beef rib.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 134

Johnny West

Thanks Lee.

I'll take a lot of pictures and hopefully be able to post some while I'm there.
I know the house has wifi.

Beside's Smoke n Bones and Stanley's, I want to eat at Atria and the Harbour View Hotel. Stanley's is more for lunch and something special like the clams before the dinner hour. I wish I could have Grey Goose with the clams. :big grin:
I won't drink and drive so nights at restaurants are cab nights.