What's Cooking NCT Sun. 5/15/16 to Sat. 5/21/16?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Chicken and veg tonight. Not sure how it will be cooked and what the carb will be.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm afraid it was restaurant food twice today.
Brunched at the diner after church, then grabbed something at Subway for dinner before attending a funeral viewing/wake.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It was stir fry chicken and veggies with jasmine rice.

It was stir fry chicken (cubed b/s chicken breast marinated with rice wine, salt, pepper, sesame oil then poached in just enough water to cover. I also added some whole almonds at the end so they got a bit soft and easier to chew for hub) and veggies (crinkle cut carrots, celery, bok choy, mushroom caps, snow peas, fresh garlic, onion and scallions). I used the poaching liquid to make a cornstarch slurry for the sauce. Served with jasmine rice and toasted sesame seeds for garnish. Sounds boring but was very tasty.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wednesday we had salads with hard boiled egg as the protein
Last night was grilled hot dogs and 2 homemade salads - kidney and cannellini bean salad and macaroni salad.

Not sure what dinner will be tonight.

Johnny West

Last time I grilled hot dogs wrapped in bacon. It was a it.

Tonight We'll go to Bob's Burger's and Brew and it will be nice getting out of the house for a change besides an appointment. The last few times I had fish and chips but may have a burger tonight.

Embryodad

Supper was chicken soup that Tina mommy made.
We both have the sniffles ( probably allergies ), so, I suggested a pot of chicken soup. I made chicken salad with the two breast meats.