seeding temptations . . .

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
for many moons, the market has had these plastic 'on window' bird feeders with suction cups. price at like $15.
so nuts I'm not. but eventually they got discounted to $7; and by pure passing opportunity I button holed the manager and offered him $4 - which he took......

so, filled with safflower seeds, it clung to the window all winter without a single taker. one lonesome woodpecker came by one day . . . . for some reason I decided to hang a 'sun shade' so the birds felt more secure - perhaps the motion inside the room scared them off?

uh,,,, big time that worked! within a hour we had flocks of wrens at the bird feeder. and it wasn't more than a few seconds until Miss Kittens discovered that activity....

since that filming, we have one house wren that apparently has learned from who-knows-where/how- that "cats under glass" are no danger. he(?) comes to the feeder and raps on the glass with his beak basically daring the cat to come watch.
looks the cat straight in the eye: na-ya-nan-ya-ya-ya! can't get me!

that's not on this video - I'll post it when I get a good filming - the light has been very flat today - and the cat is utterly exhausted!

well, you'll have to use your imagination. the .avi video will not upload - I'm missing some security token. an erroneous error message - how cute.....

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
first she has to get the 'catching' part down (g)

I am amazed at the bird's pluck - turn up the volume - you can hear the bird pecking on the glass. Kittens paws at the glass and the bird 'attacks' her paw . . .

http://youtu.be/Afxad8w_QFc

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good deal, Chowder!

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Lee