1 Steak (Lamb, Beef, or Pork)
1/4 lb fresh Sugar Snap Peas or Green Beans
1/4 container Mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp White Wine
Salt & Pepper to taste

Procedure

Lay out some aluminum foil. You need two sheets, and cross them so that they form a “cross” of sorts. Put your beans in the middle. Add salt & pepper. Add the sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle the minced garlic over it all. Now add the butter.

Fold up the first layer of foil. Bring the ends together in the middle and fold. Then seal the bottom and leave the top open. Once that is done, add your wine into the opening then seal it. Now wrap the other piece of foil around that package and seal. Set aside.

Season your steak of choice, and bring to room temp.

Heat your grill to medium high heat, and then put the foil back beans on and cover the grill. Let sit 12 or so minutes. Now add the steaks and grill 4-5 minutes per side for medium / medium-rare. Grill longer for more done. As you grill the steak, the beans will remain on the grill and off to the side.

I used the 12” Weber for this, and about 1/2 a chimney of charcoal.

I also added a box of Pasta Roni’s Garlic & Olive Oil Vermicelli. I love that stuff.

-------- No Grill? --------

If you want to do this inside, then follow the same procedure, but preheat your oven to 400. Put the foil pack beans in the oven on a cookie sheet and let cook 12-15 minutes.

Using an oven safe skillet such as Cast Iron, brown the steak on both sides on your stove top over medium-high heat. About 2 minutes per side. Once brown on both sides, place the skillet in the oven with the beans to let the steak finish cooking to your desired doneness.

Notes

Tonight I used Top Sirloin Filets. They were on sale for 5.99 per pound. I really wanted Lamb, but they (Publix) didn’t have any tonight. The beans are from the fresh produce section; just get a plastic bag and grab a handful. I grabbed 0.26 pounds at 1.99 per pound = 0.52. The Past Roni is 1.89 a box.

I ended up with some left over mushrooms that I’ll do something with in the next day or so.

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,192
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,191
  • step4.jpg
    step4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,218
  • step5.jpg
    step5.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,220
  • step6.jpg
    step6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,224
  • step7.jpg
    step7.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,205
  • step8.JPG
    step8.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,225
  • step9.jpg
    step9.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,213
  • step9a.jpg
    step9a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,150
  • step9b.jpg
    step9b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,145
  • step9c.jpg
    step9c.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,183
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As usual, it looks delicious, K! And, as usual, your photography is perfect!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks everyone!

I'm surprised no one ribbed me about the boxed noodles???? :yum::yum:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thanks everyone!

I'm surprised no one ribbed me about the boxed noodles???? :yum::yum:
Why? We all use boxed stuff sometimes. I love Kraft mac and cheese. I haven't had the pasta roni in years but I used to make the creamy garlic shells with lemon and garlic lamb chops all the time (now I make a homemade creamy garlic bechamel and shells). I loved those noodles but my girls didn't so I stopped buying them.

I think I have a rough recipe for the sauce somewhere if you are interested.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Keltin, that looks delicious. I can't get Rice-A-Roni products here, so would LOVE to have your creamy garlic/lemon recipe, Peeps.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh Keltin, that looks delicious. I can't get Rice-A-Roni products here, so would LOVE to have your creamy garlic/lemon recipe, Peeps.
Ok Karen when dinner is all done and cleaned up I will look for the recipes for my Lemon and garlic Lamb chops and creamy garlic bechamel shells dinner. It may take me a few hours to work up the recipes as long as I get some quiet time for myself. LOL

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps - no rush, amiga...it's too hot to cook right now, anyway. But it sounds like something we'd both like.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps - no rush, amiga...it's too hot to cook right now, anyway. But it sounds like something we'd both like.
Ok Karen. I don't have any pics so maybe I will wait to post the recipes till I make the dishes. I have been wanting to make a lamb dinner for awhile. As soon as they go on sale I'm there!! LOL

Also I have ingredient lists for the dishes and need to get measurements.