TGIFriday 3/23/2012 What's on the table?

Embryodad

Probably something with eggs....like a frittata..??

All pizza'd out...all psta'd out...and No meat for us today.

A funeral parlor day this afternoon..so that shoots the day!

Since it's such a beautiful day (supposed to hit 86 degrees - in March!!!) & hubby took the day off from work, we're planning on grilling turkey burgers outside tonight. Accompanied by whatever Bush's beans hubby desires, potato & tortilla chips with salsa, & a green salad. Not to mention all the usual burger trimmings (sweet raw onion, lettuce, tomato, choice of cheese (blue, swiss, cheddar), hot chow-chow, sweet or dill relish, etc., etc.) First outdoor turkey-burger fest of the season. :)

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Throat hurts and I'm trying to use up leftovers, so it's pineapple chicken with carrots. there's rice and noodles in the fridge, so those are the side dishes !

Embryodad

Throat hurts and I'm trying to use up leftovers, so it's pineapple chicken with carrots. there's rice and noodles in the fridge, so those are the side dishes !
Sounds like a plan! ... DW saves such small amounts of leftovers that they get lost in the pillars and mountains of food in the refrigerator!

Feel Better.. Rest, and gargle with salt water.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I had planned on making a couple of pizzas, but left the roma tomatoes at the restaurant...so at this point, I'm not too sure.:eat1:

GotGarlic

lol, Vera.

DH is out golfing this evening, so I'll be snacking. Thawed some Lil Smokies for dipping in mustard. Might bake a potato later. Crepes with Nutella for dessert.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had brown rice spaghetti (Trader Joe's) for the first time with tomato sauce and a mixed salad. It wasn't to bad for rice pasta.

Embryodad

Had a can of tuna salad kit. It was like K rations with a little tuna in a can, and like 6 crackers and a plastic spoon in a box. It was too sweet; like they put sugar in it... that was lunch!....

Supper...Tina bought me one of the worst pieces of fish I ever ate.
It was a Monk / ? Munk / ? fish.,

Maybe it is the kind of fish that has to be boiled in a stew, but fried in oil and butter... Yuuuck! It was aweful.

It tasted like Monkey meat. No fish taste, and like rubber.

I gave it back to DW to cook it some more...but it still was like rubber.
I had to shred it off in pieces with my fork.

I told DW don't ever buy that fish again. Nasty Chit!

I couldn't eat but only 1/2 of it..the rest will be for the animals to rip apart.

DW had Mrs. Pauls Micro Mini fish sticks. Wow! did they ever shrink the size on those things. She said they tasted OK.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Had a can of tuna salad kit. It was like K rations with a little tuna in a can, and like 6 crackers and a plastic spoon in a box. It was too sweet; like they put sugar in it... that was lunch!....

Supper...Tina bought me one of the worst pieces of fish I ever ate.
It was a Monk / ? Munk / ? fish.,

Maybe it is the kind of fish that has to be boiled in a stew, but fried in oil and butter... Yuuuck! It was aweful.

It tasted like Monkey meat. No fish taste, and like rubber.

I gave it back to DW to cook it some more...but it still was like rubber.
I had to shred it off in pieces with my fork.

I told DW don't ever buy that fish again. Nasty Chit!

I couldn't eat but only 1/2 of it..the rest will be for the animals to rip apart.

DW had Mrs. Pauls Micro Mini fish sticks. Wow! did they ever shrink the size on those things. She said they tasted OK.
I bought some of those tuna salad kits at the dollar store 3 for a dollar. BIG mistake!! Like yousaid it was sweet and had a chemical after taste. Maybe they put that sweet relish in it .... YUCK. I hate when they put that stuff in store bought mac salad.

Embryodad

I bought some of those tuna salad kits at the dollar store 3 for a dollar. BIG mistake!! Like yousaid it was sweet and had a chemical after taste. Maybe they put that sweet relish in it .... YUCK. I hate when they put that stuff in store bought mac salad.
peep... You just took the words from mine and Tina's Mouth.

I was describing the tuna salad exactly like the macaroni salad she bought at the Sunoco Gas station Deli a few years ago! Sweet... and watery, and like sugar.

Don't get me wrong. I like sweet bread and butter pickles..or sweet Hot Peppers and pickles...but not in tuna salad or macaroni salad. Another thing we don't like, is Tuna fish mixed in the macaroni salad.

We make tuna salad...with Mayo / diced fine celery / and diced fine onion.
That's It!...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
peep... You just took the words from mine and Tina's Mouth.

I was describing the tuna salad exactly like the macaroni salad she bought at the Sunoco Gas station Deli a few years ago! Sweet... and watery, and like sugar.

Don't get me wrong. I like sweet bread and butter pickles..or sweet Hot Peppers and pickles...but not in tuna salad or macaroni salad. Another thing we don't like, is Tuna fish mixed in the macaroni salad.

We make tuna salad...with Mayo / diced fine celery / and diced fine onion.
That's It!...
Thats how I make tuna salad also. BUT :whistling: we like tuna in our mac salad along with small cubes of chedddar.

Embryodad

Thats how I make tuna salad also. BUT :whistling: we like tuna in our mac salad along with small cubes of chedddar.
Ha Ha Ha .... Tuna salad?..Love It... Macaroni salad? Love it...

.....................................But Not Together......................... L O L

Mr. Green Jeans

Savory veggie bread pudding.

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 144

Mr. Green Jeans

Nice!... Like the sound and Looks of that!

Hmmm! DW loves bread pudding. I'll have to make her something like that!
Thanks for the idea! .... Is there a recipe posted?
May we have a peek at the recipe? Please if we may?

6-7 eggs well beaten
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
2 cups of bread cubes about 3/4 - 1" (I used 1/2 a mini baguette)
1/4 cup grated parmesan
allow combine and allow to soak 15 minutes.

Pre-heat oven to 350

Over medium heat, heat an oven proof skillet and coat with EVOO or cooking spray. Sautee about 2 cups veggies. I did zucchini & pepper. (Mushrooms, onion, eggplant are all good)

once veggies start to soften, add egg mixture. I then topped with 2 diced seeded roma tomatoes and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake 25 - 30 minutes.

Embryodad

6-7 eggs well beaten
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
2 cups of bread cubes about 3/4 - 1" (I used 1/2 a mini baguette)
1/4 cup grated parmesan
allow combine and allow to soak 15 minutes.

Pre-heat oven to 350

Over medium heat, heat an oven proof skillet and coat with EVOO or cooking spray. Sautee about 2 cups veggies. I did zucchini & pepper. (Mushrooms, onion, eggplant are all good)

once veggies start to soften, add egg mixture. I then topped with 2 diced seeded roma tomatoes and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake 25 - 30 minutes.
Thank You So Much for the Recipe Mr. GJeans

I would imagine the 1/2 cup of shredded cheese could be cheddar or Mozzarella?

I copy and saved this. DW eyed it on the pic, and said..YUM!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
close, Peeps, but e.v.o.o. instead of the butter

THX, both of ya!

We didn't have any Russets, which I prefer; these were a little smallish !