What is Your Weather?

Mr. Green Jeans

Need I say more?

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 88
I can't believe that it's only March & today's temp is supposed to be around 82!!!! And temps for the next week+ are supposed to be in the mid to high 70's.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that it's going to be an extremely brutal summer.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I can't believe that it's only March & today's temp is supposed to be around 82!!!! And temps for the next week+ are supposed to be in the mid to high 70's.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that it's going to be an extremely brutal summer.
70's here also yesterday and today

Leni

Good one Mr. Green Jeans! It's overcast here with temps in the 50's. Right now it is 54 and it's 10:30 in the morning. We are supposed to have a really nasty storm come in over the weekend. I'll have to protect my bromeliads because temps are going down to freezing. Sounds like a good weekend to do some slow cooking.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
74° with a light rain off and on. Pollen count 98...all things considered, that's not too bad.

Embryodad

68º out today at 2:30...

Supposed to rain tonight. 50% chance they said. Thats a safe way of saying something will happen, or not happen.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Stopped raining, 73F and muggy. I have the a/c on to filter the pollen and humidity.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's flip-flop weather here. The azaleas are starting to bloom, the grass is greening up, the crepe myrtles are starting to fill out, and the Indian hawthorn is covered with tiny white blooms. I love spring, but the pollen is a pita. I can wipe down all the patio furniture and within an hour it's covered with yellow dust again.

I have this itch to pull out the bbq pit.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
unsure of the exacts; it's going from overcast to slight sunshine peeking through. calm enough that i could take a stroll in a lite shirt. a breeze almost unnoticable. i'm thinking of taking the cat for a stroll soon. she loves it!

Leni

It poured yesterday. Today it is cold and windy. Lots of clouds in the sky and some are pretty dark. No rain so far but boy oh boy did the weeds love yesterdays rain.

Embryodad

Was supposed to be 70 today, but only made it to 64.
sun is going down..and its cooling off. Chilly with a breeze now.

Rain for tomorrow..??? as per the weather report. We shall see!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The pollen here is TERRIBLE. DH and I worked out in the yard yesterday and now both of us are miserable. They said the pollen count yesterday was 3971.....everything is yellow/green. If 1500 is extremely high, I wonder what 3971 is called......I think I'm gonna turn on the A/C and go back to bed.

Last edited:

Guts

the jet-stream is dropping were getting quite a bit of cool weather here in San Diego lots of hail where I live just at the foothills of the mountains. I'll include the picture, we have snow... In about an hour You could be at the beach, surfing if you want a ride the storm swell

Attachments

• San Diego snow.jpg
    San Diego snow.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 110

Mr. Green Jeans

After nearly 5" of rain last week NOAA forecast says "significant rain fall today/tonight". Also rain every day this week through the weekend. Its about time to head for the desert.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
2 records today:

Consecutive days in March of 80 and above ties a record set in 1917.

Pollen count: 8164....that's just flippin' ridiculous.

I wanted to work in the garden today but with my eyes already burning, a sore throat and my head getting congested, maybe it's not such a good idea. I'm taking allergy meds but they're not working very well.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Today's pollen count is 9369 with no rain to speak of in sight. I wanted to work in the garden today but with an all-time record high pollen count, that's not happening. I'll be staying inside with the A/C.

Mr. Green Jeans

The pollen here is TERRIBLE. DH and I worked out in the yard yesterday and now both of us are miserable. They said the pollen count yesterday was 3971.....everything is yellow/green. If 1500 is extremely high, I wonder what 3971 is called......I think I'm gonna turn on the A/C and go back to bed.

Mama, have you tried consuming native, raw honey? The caveat to that bees have to have collected from the plants you are allergic to thus helping the body build immunity. However they don't collect from pine (common in the south) or Douglas fir (common in my neck of the woods).

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I haven't tried that MGJ but I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mama, have you tried consuming native, raw honey? The caveat to that bees have to have collected from the plants you are allergic to thus helping the body build immunity. However they don't collect from pine (common in the south) or Douglas fir (common in my neck of the woods).

They say that Beech, Birch, Mulberry and Oak are the culprits right now.

Ian M.

Up here in "snow country" it's nearly 80 already and there's a balmy ocean breeze kicking up. And this is March in New England? Good grief! Who'd a thunk it? Is it possible that Al Gore could have been right? Farmers locally are predicting that New England will get a Texas-style drought come summer due to the fact that there's practically no existing water table. That's the result of hardly any natural snow to speak of. This has been the warmest non-winter since the early 1900's they say. Just watching all the day-trippers scooting around in shorts and tees (my DW among them!) is weird to see at this time of the year. By the time "real" summer gets here we'll all have super tans and be antsy about it, I'll wager.

Mama, so sorry to hear about your allergies with the wild pollen count. Another way around it is to go out on the water - if you can find any appreciable lakes or ponds in Atlanta! Boating always carries it away for me, either that or working for my brother on his lobster boat. :dizzy:

Ian

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Ian! We have a few nice size lakes but I don't think I can escape it. Everything is covered in yellow/green pollen. I washed my car Saturday and you can't see out of the windows today. We had a really mild winter and I think we are in for a looooong pollen season.

Embryodad

71º here in NWNJ ... Rather nice day!

I cleaned the bedroom blinds for Tina that she's been after me to do.
All Done! .... Grrrrrrrr

Supposed to get 79-ish Thursday. I guess tomorrow I will Service / clean / ready the Central A/C systems so it's ready to go.

LQQKs Like the money we saved in Winter Fuel...will be sucked up by Summer Electricity at the rate it's going. Then again, Who knows? May the El Nino or the El Jimbo..hahaha wil turn things around. Who Knows?

Ian M.

Oh yeah! Us, too, Mama. Not to be the voice of doom, but just about the time we get beyond all this lovely green garbage it'll be autumn and time for goldenrod and rag weed. Ain't it just ducky, though? When I was in the Navy, stationed at NAS Pensacola, I got introduced to purple loosestrife (learned that we have that stuff here, too, in the salt marshes) and kudzoo - both of which are wonderful to folks with allergies! The only way to get completely rid of either one is to burn it off and pray you got it all.

Ian