Sinfully GOOD Potato Soup

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pirate Girl on Forums Forums shared this recipe with our Forums Forums gang and it was a HUGE hit. I thought you all would appreciate it also. So I got her permission to post it here. :D

8 cups of cubed golden potatoes
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 cans of chicken (or vegetable) broth
1 can of cream of chicken (or cream of onion) soup
1/4 teaspoon of pepper

Combine and simmer until potatoes are tender.

Stir in 8 oz block of cream cheese.

Add crumbled bacon (or fakey bacon like I do), chives, parsley and shredded cheddar.

This is very rich and such a nice recipe to have around on cold days.
wink.gif

Link to PG's original post: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?p=237078#post237078

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sounds delicious, Doc. Here's a twist on that recipe if you're making stuffed cabbages. I core the cabbage and put the whole head in about 1 gallon of water. After I have blanched the leaves, cooled them under cold water and set them aside, I remove the balance of the cabbage and coarsely chop it up, then put it back in water. I use just about all of the ingredients in your potato recipe, but now I have a cabbage stock in place of the chicken stock. Makes good use of the remaining cabbage and its water.

Joe

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Man that sounds awesome! I have a simple one that uses velveta cheese that is real smooth and tasty as well, I will have to dig it up and post it too.

Calicolady

Whow. I'll have to cut this recipe in half (except the bacon! LOL!)or I'll be eating it til next winter.
Looks good Doc.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that sounds fantastic, Doc!

A bowl of that and a Caesar salad and I'm REALLY happy!

Lee

smoke king

Banned
Man that does sound good Doc-I'll be trying that as well. That reminds me, an Irish pub (if that matters) here in town makes a Creamy Onion soup that is fantastic. They won't give out the recipe, and my attempts at recreating it have all fallen short.

I'll defer to you more knowledgable than myself-any thoughts or ideas?

blondebullfrog

Mmm.. I love Potato Soup! I usually add celery and then in a seperate bowl mix flour with 1 egg then mix with a fork until you get these little noodle balls. Once the soup is nearly done I dump the noodle balls in. I think they are my favorite part!

chowhound

I love those things, Blonde! When I was a kid I called them "crimples". My mother would add them to Lipton's Cup a Soup. Nothing more than an egg and flour dumpling really.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Pirate Girl on Forums Forums shared this recipe with our Forums Forums gang and it was a HUGE hit. I thought you all would appreciate it also. So I got her permission to post it here. :D

8 cups of cubed golden potatoes
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 cans of chicken (or vegetable) broth
1 can of cream of chicken (or cream of onion) soup
1/4 teaspoon of pepper

Golden potatoes!?!? :ohmy::huh: You think Im MADE out of money? I cant even afford bronze potatoes :neutral: