What's cooking NCT Sunday 9/10/2017 to Saturday 9/16/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made a Meat Pie earlier. We'll have that for breakfasts and/or lunches for a few days.

I have ribs, baked beans and a salad planned for later.

tigger_whats_on_the_menu__082517_P1030531.JPG

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
everybody's fav - SOS and trees.
the Amish butcher with the dry cure bacon does a splendid chipped beef.

Attachments

• DSC_5334.jpg
    DSC_5334.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 140

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Everything looks great, Peep! Was that a storebought meat pie? If so, what brand?

What is the shiny stuff at the top of the tortilla in your photo?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everything looks great, Peep! Was that a storebought meat pie? If so, what brand?

What is the shiny stuff at the top of the tortilla in your photo?

Lee
Thank you Lee.

Homemade Meat Pie (Italian Pizzagaina).

Shiny stuff? Maybe it looks shiny from the light reflection? Fried onions, orange and green peppers, grilled marinated flank steak and some sour cream on a tortilla.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The peaches have been really good lately, so I had a peachy dinner Sunday. I cooked some salmon on the GF and topped it with peach and avocado salsa. I had more peaches, so I topped some slices of yogurt pound cake with fresh peaches. Both were really good.

Last night I cooked some chicken, added some Swiss cheese to the top, covered it with sauteed mushrooms and onions, and had a side of avocado and tomato salad.

I made a big batch of sausage/white bean/kale soup last Saturday, so that's what I've been having for lunch, put some in the freezer too :).

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One of these days I'm going to have to make that pizzagaina recipe of yours, Peep! The fluting on your pie crusts are so perfect!

Yes, I guess the "shiny" stuff on your tortilla were peppers.

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The peaches have been really good lately, so I had a peachy dinner Sunday. I cooked some salmon on the GF and topped it with peach and avocado salsa. I had more peaches, so I topped some slices of yogurt pound cake with fresh peaches. Both were really good.

Last night I cooked some chicken, added some Swiss cheese to the top, covered it with sauteed mushrooms and onions, and had a side of avocado and tomato salad.

I made a big batch of sausage/white bean/kale soup last Saturday, so that's what I've been having for lunch, put some in the freezer too :).
I've been thinking of you since the hurricane hit Texas. So glad to see you back!! I was worried. {{Hugs}}

Wish I had some of your Peachy creations.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
One of these days I'm going to have to make that pizzagaina recipe of yours, Peep! The fluting on your pie crusts are so perfect!

Yes, I guess the "shiny" stuff on your tortilla were peppers.

Lee

Thank you Lee. Fluting is one thing I can still do well. LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chicken à la King again. Quick easy. I had very little; tummy not feeling good.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been thinking of you since the hurricane hit Texas. So glad to see you back!! I was worried. {{Hugs}}

Wish I had some of your Peachy creations.

Thanks! I was in a funk for quite a while when that happened.

Tonight the plan is shrimp and snow peas.

Dados1950

Grilled hanger steak....roasted Japanese sweet potatoes...fresh Jersey tomatoes with diced red onion....and a bottle of a nice red wine !!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner:

Grilled NY Strip Steaks (Mesquite & Hickory Chips Used)
Mashed potatoes (Butter, Sour Cream & Bacon & Chives Potato Seasoning added)
Steamed broccoli
Homemade Steak dipping sauce

Dessert will be:

A slice of Date Nut bread with cream cheese

strip_steak_091517_1_IMG_2828.JPG

strip_steak_091517_2_IMG_2832.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken Caesar salad, dressing from scratch, croutons made from bought pumpernickel and some leftover/frozen homemade mixed whole wheat and white bread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had Chinese take out. We split Roast Pork and Chinese vegetables and Wonton soup.