Phyl's Famous Potato Soup

Dolly

Sushi, It was very nice to meet you this weekend on the boat trip :flowers: So here is the potato soup recipe I promised you :chef:This is based on making a very large pot for approximately 10 to 12 servings, but it can either be cut in half, or keep in mind it freezes VERY well :letitsnow:

Ingredients:
5lbs peeled and diced potatoes
1/2 stock of celery diced
Large sweet onion diced
2 cups of diced cooked ham
(2) Large cans of Chicken Broth (28 to 30oz each)
5 Tablespoons of butter
Black pepper to taste
1lb of Bacon
4 Cups of milk
Instant Mashed Potato Mix

First of all the ingredients listed above can be adjusted to taste :)

Peel and dice 5lbs of potatoes and keep in cold water until ready to use. Dice celery and onion to desired consistency. In a large stock pot add butter, saute celery and onions until lightly browned. Add potatoes, ham chicken broth, and black pepper to taste. Cook on medium high heat until potatoes are tender. In the meantime cut bacon into bite size pieces, and cook until browned. Drain and set aside. When potatoes are tender add milk and heat until lightly boiling, then slowly add instant mashed potato mix until desired consistency (add slowly and give it a chance to thicken). Just before serving add bacon pieces. Add water as needed throughout the process to get the consistency you want :smile:

Hope you enjoy :flowers:

Phyllis

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
For folks that dont know, Im known as Deadly Sushi on other forums. Thats why she called me Sushi. :chef:

I WILLLLLLL be making this on Wednesday. :punk: From the sound of it, I should have it polished off in 3 days. :biggrin: