Homemade Velveeta Cheese

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
For those who can't buy Velveeta cheese where you live or if you want something that is less processed:

1/2 lb. grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup almost boiling water
3 tablespoons of instant dry milk
1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin

Line a 8x4x2 loaf pan with plastic wrap
Put water, instant milk, and gelatin into a blender and blend until the gelatin has dissolved. Add the Cheddar cheese and blend until liquid. Pour into loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight before unmolding.

I've not personally tried this recipe but reviewers of the recipe say it is very good.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I never knew you could make Velveeta. I would like to make it at least once to see if it tastes fresher or better being homemade. (But I am very lazy so I probably wouldn't do it more than once.)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I never knew you could make Velveeta. I would like to make it at least once to see if it tastes fresher or better being homemade. (But I am very lazy so I probably wouldn't do it more than once.)
Same here, I think I'd like to try it once.
Made homemade mayonnaise once just out of curiousity.
It took ages because it's very time consuming.. whisk whisk whisk..and adding the oil slowly.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Bet you a buck that you don't make it once. :kiss:

You are NOT lazy, Ms. Tiler! But I am betting you like tiling more than messing with stuff like this.

Lee