Butts on sale!!!!

Deelady

Krogers has boston butts on sale for 98 cents a lb !! I thought that was a great deal and I wanted to pass it on :D

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Oh the fun we could have with that title!! LOL!
Unfortunately no Kroger here either, although I think they own Food4Less so I could check that out and see if they are carrying the same sale.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yup, there is Food4Less under the warehouse section, so it is worth the trip to find out if they have the same sale.

Deelady

Barb I'm surprised you don't have Krogers since we are in the same state.....

when I lived in Cali it was called Ralphs there.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's that time of year when pork prices start coming down. I just saw an ad for fresh picnic hams for $.79/# in 2-packs. Great for pulled pork. No Kroger stores in NE Ohio any longer.

Deelady

We have Giant Eagle here too...I've been there once and vowed never to return!!! I couldn't believe their prices for basic items!

homecook

No kidding!! I only go there only when I know there's a good sale. I have a family grocery that I'll go to for my meats. There's also a couple Aldi's close by too.

chowhound

I'm surprised Tops is still in Erie. There are two of them. They even started sending their sales fliers to my area trying to get business. And neither one is that close...
And don't forget Walmart! Giant Eagle and Walmart.

homecook

I'm surprised Tops is still in Erie. There are two of them. They even started sending their sales fliers to my area trying to get business. And neither one is that close...
And don't forget Walmart! Giant Eagle and Walmart.

They've just turned our Walmart into a Superstore.......I think I go in there twice a year. lol

chowhound

Twice a year since it has become a superstore?
I do a lot of shopping at WM. I like namebrand chicken and GE's chicken has become funky with the skin falling off and pin feathers. At least here. And they often have Johnsonville brats on sale much cheaper than GE's sales. I like Pompeian EVOO, too and it's cheap at WM.
Sadly, my WM doesn't carry what JoeC's does though as far as briskets and such. And I trust my town grocer for butts.

Dee, you didn't say, did you buy any butts at Krogers?

homecook

Twice a year since it has become a superstore?
I do a lot of shopping at WM. I like namebrand chicken and GE's chicken has become funky with the skin falling off and pin feathers. At least here. And they often have Johnsonville brats on sale much cheaper than GE's sales. I like Pompeian EVOO, too and it's cheap at WM.
Sadly, my WM doesn't carry what JoeC's does though as far as briskets and such. And I trust my town grocer for butts.

Dee, you didn't say, did you buy any butts at Krogers?

They've only just changed it over a month or so maybe....
I usually buy my meats from our family grocery because they have a butcher and it's Amish chickens they get. Their other meats are top-notch. It's also only 5 minutes away as opposed to 15 and having to deal with traffic. lol

If I'm out that way I'll give it a looksee........

suziquzie

I liked Kroger... had them when we lived in Indiana......

Im starting to trust super Wally's meat and produce a little more for everyday things like b-s chicken breast, hamburger, chops.... but most of that I get at Sam's club anyway. If I'm between trips I buy during buy one get one sales at the grocery store...

But if I were getting a nice beef roast for Christmas.... still going to the butcher.

chowhound

Amish chickens, lol.
*Yep, the Amish sure know how to treat their animals*. The god#### puppymillers.

Stock up, Dee! I cut a pork butt up and used it in a red sauce. It was very tasty.