View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Grill Master

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,312 Posts
QSis will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Joined a long time ago. Lurking, mostly

Wow, calc, you write as well as you cook! Your turkey breast dish sounds wonderful! I'm in the market for a turkey breast myself - I'm wanting to roast it on my rotisserie over charcoal.

I make many recipes for the first time. I rip recipes out of my cooking magazines and print them off of the internet, including many recipes that are posted here by forum members.

So many recipes, so little time - I rarely make the same one twice.

That said, my mother's recipe for baked chicken pieces http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums...t=QSis+chicken is my "specialty", i.e. my favorite way to eat chicken, and I've made and eaten a LOT of different chicken recipes.

Also, I am a former competitive barbequer, so when I smoke brisket, pork butt and ribs, I pretty much stick with the same rub (Head Country), sauces (varies by meat) and techniques that I've had success with at contests.

As for the activity on this forum, our active members are relatively few, but we get along amazingly well! The dinner threads each week are where members post most often.

Oh, and we LOVE to see each other's photos - of food, family, and other interests.

Jump on in!

Lee
The Following User Says Thank You to QSis For This Useful Post:
Doc  (07-07-2019)